Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PA state license - nmrr206
Hi,
I am applying for PA state license,
where to get information about this?
Can you please tell me the web link , is this the link?(http://www.dos.state.pa.us/bpoa/cwp/view.asp?a=1104&q=432792)&
what are the document needed to apply?
How to calculate the Hours?
Should we apply to visa only after getting the state license?
Please reply.
nmrr.
Hi,
I had prematched at Drexel and they sent me the papers for Penn state licence and I had to send them back the completed applicaltion. So, you may want to request your program to send the application packet. My college hours were 36/week (I'm from India). You can call your medical school for the details. You dont need any extra documents apart from the resume (in routine format). You can apply for a visa only after you get the State license. But, you can begin the process even before step 3 results are out.
Hope that helps,
Chetan
can we sign the contract before license. I need contract to apply DS2019 from ECFMG.
how long it takes to get license approved?
Hi,
You can apply for a license only after you have signed the contract. The limiting factor is the time it takes for verification of your medical transcripts by your medical school. If you expedite the mailing and verification process., you should be licensed in a month. My licensing will probably take 6 weeks.
Regards,
Chetan
Hi Chetan,

Thanks for your reply.
I am also from India. I have hours certificate , can i use that for this?

I have also done MD in Medicine. Do we need to mention that while applying state license?
In that case will they verify both UG & PG colleges?

I have been told that i will be informed of all the proceeding, mean time can i mail them & ask for the full package of paper work?

Please reply.
nmrr
Hi,
I think the only information about the additional degree is the mention of the degree you have obtained and the name and address of the school. Regarding the hours, You will have to list the clinical rotations the department, name of the Hospital, dates of attendance, hours/week, during your Undergraduation. All the info except hours/week can be found in the medical transcript. You should request the application packet form your program.
Hope it helps,
Chetan
i just got my PA license.it took around 7 weeks for the whole process.most time consuming part is getting verification from med school.
Hi Desiguy,

For applying the PA state license, Should we have to deal directly with the state medical board or do we have to send through the program ?
Can you please share your whole experience in getting Pennsylvania State license, I am sure it will help many of us.
Thank you
nmrr.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »