Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to matoka - bmg
i am so nervous....i am doing q bank ..my exam is after 4 weeks i did 70%of q bank my score is avrage 73%....
please advise me how to use my time effectively.
Thanks alot
Wish you good luck.
bmg,
Your score on Qbank is pretty good, if this is the first time you do Kaplan Qbank.
How many questions ( QBank ) do you have left ? Have you read any stuff from FA so far ? Have you finished the content of the exam at least once, as yet ? Have you listened to any Goljan's live lectures ? Have you read Goljan's 100 pages high yield facts until now ? Have you taken any of NBME tests ? If not, take one of them as soon as possible to have an assessment. Be careful, cause many readers of this forum, have already posted quite a few NBME questions recently, and if you know their answers, it will influence your result, you will get a false estimation. Only today have been posted many NBME questions of the second form so try to avoid reading them.
You should start your final review two weeks before your exam and read as much as you can from your personal notes and FA. Also you should take the other form of NBME tests two weeks before your exam and final review.
Good luck on your exam.
matoka

Matoka,thanks for you constructive advice.
This is my first time,i am left with 600q from kaplan i have been reading kaplan lecure notes for last five months full time and listen to Golgian path lectures.i have also done some q from BSS and NMS.i have gone through FA once.
Matoka,how many qs do NBME have?and what are the first and second forms?sorry i have no idea about NBME.
mY exam is on april 14 i am plannig to take NMBE after q bank.what is your opinion.
Tanks very much.
God Bless you
bmg

bmg,
I think you are already well prepared . You'll be fine.
My opinion is to finish kaplan Qbank first ( 600 quetions left ) in a week or ten days ( by the way, how long are you planning to do them ?), then to take the NBME self assessment tests in two consecutive days and finally to start your final review.
NBME are the best existent self assessment tests on the market: two forms of 200 questions each ( four hours each test ), that are written by the same authors who make the real exam; that's why these tests are said to resemble the real exam. Each test costs $45 and can be purchased using the NBME website:" www.NBME.org, after you open a personal account on that web site. You can take the tests either in standard mode ( time mode ) which I recommend you to do : both tests in two consecutive days or they can be taken in self-paced mode which means untimed tests: four hours for each block of 50 questions, so a total amount of 16 hours per test.
At the end of a test you will get a profile similar to that you get when you receive the result of the real exam and a score and moreover the correlation with the real exam. Of course, it's just an estimation, a prediction, there is no guarantee that it will happen exactly the same on your real exam.However, these two tests, their results are considered to be the best assessment, to have the best correlation with the real exam as well as to resemble it.
Good luck on your preparation and your exam.
matoka
Matoka thank you very much for your detailed advise..i will do q bank 100q a day and then take nbme before my final revsion.
My e mail add.is bwmoreda
Thanks once again and good luck to you.
God Bless you
bmg
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »