Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should i take the exam or now? - gulru
Hi guys,
I am an IMG and graduated long time ago. Last year I decided that I will go back to medicine. So, I started studying. I guess, I did not take this exam so serious. My test is scheduled for the end of June. I am not ready at all. It looks like the more I study the less I know. The question is: should I take the exam and fell or should I just postpone the exam and loose the fee that I paid? Is anybody in this forum did not pass the test?

Thank you,
G
i think u should take the mock exam that usmleworld has for 30 dollars
everyone says its harder than the real test and that if u score 75% then u'll get a 99 on the real test
so take it, and see where u stand, if u did so bad, then really lose the money and do the test when ur ready because all the programs u'll apply to will see that u had a failing result before and that will pretty much affect ur acceptance.
but if u did fairly well, then cram so hard now till ur test day and hopefully u'll get a high score
good luck.
Don't take it. I applied for step 1 in 2007 and did not take it because of the same thing. Shame on me that I am still preparing for step 1 now. But I would prefer to lose the money than taking it back in 2007 when I had only 8 months left and did not study a lot at all. (Anyway, I really need to work hard right now and hope I can take the exam as soon as possible.)

If you really want to be a doctor, take the opportunity seriously. I heard of a friend who unfortunately got both 70s in step 1 and step 2.

Wasting $700 is a lot, but also valuable if wasting it could let you/me cherish the opportunity better.
BTW, 8 month should be enough for most people here:-) I meant that I had only around 8 month left from the day that I applied for the exam and at that time I know nothing. And during that year I did not study a lot. My efficiency is not comparable to others.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »