Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To all moms who matched!! - sri
Congrats!! I have a 2 year old daughter and i live in Chicago, matched for Ny. let us share our plans about moving and baby care, which is better, day care near our residency or are u guys planning for nanny? i'm just so confused, need suggestions and advice. thank u
Did you interview at U oklaoma Neurology? I think we met there.
no ayesha, i dint. where did u match?
Hi sri
I live in atlanta and have matched in SLR-NY.I also have a 2 years old daughter.I am also very worried about child care.Moreover my husband is not going with me.
Where did u get matched?
Capital health system, nj, my hub is also not joining me, my parents can't come with me now, so i'm also worried.
Hi everyone,

I matched in oakland, CA. I have a 3 yr old daughter. Well I'm planning to hire a nanny b/c what I have learned from people is that children get sick alot when they go to day cares. Besides my daughter will stay at home, obviously she'll be m ore comfortable , won't get sick & an added advantage is that u won't have to worry about household chores when u get back from work. Just spend quality time with your kids !

Good Luck to all !!!
hi Sam, my vote is also for nanny, but there are so many legal things like nanny tax, etc, how r u planning to do that? Are u looking for someone like live in?
Hi nova & sri,

I am in the same boat.I think in most of the programs we have to go in the morning at 6 am.Is it possible for me to hire a nanny to drop my child in the daycare at 8 am.Do you know anywebsite to look for nannies in a particular area.Thanks,GL.
Congratulations to you all! I am really wondering as to how did you people prepared for the exams with so small kids. By the time I will apply for the match I will have a gap of 9 years since graduation. All through this time I was a stay at home mom. I was really thinking seriously to start the preparations and be back to my career but the scenario for old graduates looks scary! Should I just leave the hope of everbeing a practicing doctor in USA. I have a green card.
We have a 1 and 3 year old. My partner will probably either stay at home or work part-time. However, for those of you who are going to be raising your child alone, consider a nanny or au pair or relative to live with you because their hours will be more flexible than otherwise if you are on-call at night.

I disagree with Sam though. I think, for a three year old, pre-school or a good quality day care can be a fantastic thing. Kids really benefit from social interaction and learning how to behave in group situations is essential for little kids. My daughter really thrives at pre-school. She has learned so much, made many friends and surprises us every day with paintings and projects that she has made. As for the colds that they bring home, remember that eventually, one way or another, they'll all get exposed to all those colds by the time they're in school. It's just part of being a kid.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »