Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pharma q. - att
a 68 year women comes with chorinc fatigue ,exertional dyspnea..orthopnea n non productive chrponic cough.on exam resp wheezing,rhoni.cvs exam shows diminished 1st heart sound and s3 gallop.pat say recently treated for HTN and vasopstoic angina.on the basis of initial presentation which of the following agent most likely prescribed.
a.amlodipine
b.captopril.
c.furosemide.
d.hydralazine
e.verapamil.

plz support ur ans with explanation
answer is c
signs of ccf and pulmonary edema
................B
Doc for chf
the ans will be e. verapamil.
verapamil is associated with develpoment of chf.
captopril is the answer because ace inhibitors decrease mortality in chf people.
To my understanding, they are not asking what drug to prescribe to treat CHF, but what drug prescribed that cause CHF. Right? I agree with Celine. E. Verapamil.

Did I misunderstand the Q?
i am sorry if that is the case than verapamil is the correct answer
mana
.THEQ SAYS pt had chronic fatigue..and dyspnoea.....and recently treated for HTN.so i think not the drug causing disease...but the trearment for the disease.....
I think the question is asking which drug caused the ccf in this patient.The answer is verapamil.
Both Furosemide and captopril are used in CCF ,so you cant have 2 answers.
This is just an English comprehension problem. The question asked:

on the basis of initial presentation which of the following agent most likely prescribed?

Read it again and you will find out that it actually asked about the agent that cause the problem.

If they want to ask for the treatment of CHF, they will say, what to prescribe.

We don't want to lose score in this kind of question. It is so apparent.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »