Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
plz come to my rescue someone from india - shroffmanan
hey any one who cleared their step 1 from india plz come to my rescue.
i am plannin to take the plunge but had a few qs in mind.
wanted to know if they got the visa for step 2 cs cos i dont wanna waste time if i am not gonna get a visa for the step2 cs.
plz help me.
manan
hi manan,
congrats on finishing ur step 1.reg ur quiery,i do know a few friends of mine who wrote the steps in india and then applied for a visitors visa to take the cs and got it and i heard of a few who didnt make it either!
to get the visa u need to show someone here whree u can stay n may be a balance enough to sustain urself i guess.
well im not trying to confuse u but the decission is urs to make.everything is a risk n how far u want to go is ur choice...the embassy decides who gets the visa and who doesnt!so there is no guarentee or fixed ratio to that.plus even after u r done with all the steps..getting into a residency is another risk too....
hope i made some sense in all this...
good luck in whatever u decide
USMLE is a one time exam and you have to get good scores. You have to pass all the steps including Step 3 in 7 years for licensure that is all- It is valid for life time.

So, forget about visa and finish your step 2 with GOOD scoes - impt! Later on keep trying for visa for step 2 cs- If you are lucky , you maty get it. There are so many who get it and so many who get it even after 3 rejections. So, once you get good cores in Steps, you will be more confident of yourself and God will help you find someway to get here if you sincerely attempt it- May be student visa, may be marriage or somehow. In the worst scenario say you don't get a visa after 3 attempts under different circumstances, your scores are valid for a long time- So, make a quick plan to go to UK and may be you try after 2 years you will get it. If not get into a PG and try after 2 years to come for some conference or training - somehow you will get it - Don't give up. So many have done it.

So, visa should not be an issue to prevent you from taking Step 2. Take it when you are fresh. It is a one tiome exam . prepare for 3 months. 35,000 Rs doesn't matter much in several years. Good luck.
Did anyone have a pregnant patient ?
kashan ru sure we can get visa after being denied visa somany times? I mean have u met anyone ? I have to apply for visa for cs exam.
thanks jimmy and kashan!
it was reallyinspiring to hear from both of u!
all require a pep talk once in a while!
hey by the way ther has bben some misunderstanding.
i am plannin to start preparin for my step 1.
but it was great to hear from both of u !
it would begreat to get u r email addresses so that i can keep in touch!

its rare to find great buddies!
thankx alot
that would be hi_jimmy80
good luck in ur efforts.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »