Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please help! marriage and visa - guturani1
hi,
can anyone help me out in this matter?
for people who get married is it difficult to get a j1 or h1b visa?is it better to marry after the visa process is over ?
also, say i get into a residency with j1 or h1b visa.and afterwards my husband too decides to get into an us university with a j1 visa. will he face legal problems, visa denials , etc?
You'll find only doctors on this forum....the last time I checked doctors were not doing immigration work....unless if I'm mistaken?
anybody whose relatives or friends faced the same problems?
If you get into residency on an H1B visa your husband will automatically qualify for an H4 visa. Make sure you apply for it though. It does not matter whether you get married before or after getting a visa. He will still qualify for an H4 (spouse visa). He will not be eligible for employment on an H4 however. As far as J1 is concerned, you getting H1 or J1 will not hamper his getting either visa in the future.
.............. please help..

can someone on J1 visa change to a green card if they marry a US citizen???... or must they complete ALL teh years of residency, AND ALSO finish the waiver period.. and then after all this.. THEN go forward with teh green card processing... ????
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »