Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I passed - mcris
Hi,
I just want to say that I passed with 94. Took the exam in the middle febr.
Few thinks:
-the correlation with nbme is good ( 520, 570-1,5 month before the exam)
-Do NOT go to the exam exasted as I did: do not learn till the last moment, even in the morning of the exam as I did. Doesn't help. I feel that the q are not so hard but I was so tired to think.
-learn statistic g ( from q bank or Kaplan or..) - I missed a lot of q which I had no idea to solve on the exam because I thought won't be so hard q. There was.
-High yield topic from Goljan didn't help, but Goljan audio does helped me a lot.
- 99% of the q are from Kaplan books which are great books, know everything from that books. FA didn't help at all for anatomy.
-as a lot of people says, in my exam the q were not so hard but you have to know everything from Kaplan books. Do not stay to much on the internet. Other exam experience help you to know that others took the exam and survived ...just that.
That is my exam experience. I learned aprox 8-9 month, I am a very slow reader, old gradued, I am happy with my score. I wish to all of you to pass with a decent score and of couse I want to thanks to everyone which posted a masage on these site.
What black_tulip and drgowda said is true.
mcris,
Congratulations for your great score. What is your score on the thre-digit scale ?!
Good luck on your future exams.
matoka
I am not sure but I think it is 233 ( I am not at home where my result come by mail)
mcris,
Congratulations for ur sucess, best of luck for future., can u tell me how many reading
u given to Kaplan Books,What about Q.banks,did u buy online Q. from kaplan,
My email dockalsi, Good luck
Congratulations, this is great score!! How much did you score in Q. bank?
When did you take exam and where? When was OASIS updated and when did you then get score in post?
Oh and well done!
hey i would really like to know how many times did u read the kaplan books? if anyone would tell me please? my add is b2m2@netscape.net
Hi mcris,

Congrats on your success with a great score!

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Good luck on your next steps.

God bless you.
to hgltsuperstar: I didn't check the oasis because I didn't have enough courage. I receive the score by mail in USA were I took the test.( I took the test in 12 febr).
to doc123, nex, jarnail:
I started to study in april with old(90") brs books beeing convinced I cannot pass this test. In june I receive as a gift Kaplan books and started again. In august I started to listen Goljan audio 1-2 lesson per day because my level was so low that I couldn't listen more. In the beginning of september i finish first time kaplan books. In september and octomber try to read second time Kaplan books. In this moment I didn"t know much more than Goljan audio. In november took Kaplan q bank 1 month. My score was 71%. To the end of nov I took nbme test 1 and nbme test 2 ( 10 days later). My results were 520 and 570. In the period I took Kaplan q bank I couldn"t read Kaplan books third time so I postponed the exam. In december I did more qs from everywhere, read Robbins ( lost time with that). In january started to read again kaplan books, didn"t manage to finish till the exam ( slow reader). At the things I didn't read in last month ( genetic-last chapter biochemie, statistic) I missed really easy qs.
Totally I did 3 times Kaplan, some topics more that 15 times( :-)).
If I would start now again I would start with Goljan audion, than I would take Kaplan q bank 3 month and in this time I would try to read Kaplan books.
Conclusion 3 times Kaplan and qs as much as you can ( for me active learning is the only way I can memorize). Thanks for everything.
Which year did you graduate?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »