Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
late joining of the program - crohn
If due to some reason one can't join the program on time ( late by 1.5month)and miss the orientaton as well after informing the PD ,what action ll be taken against such an candidate.
can PD cancell his spot without giving any warning?
If due to some reason one can't join the program on time ( late by end of july)and miss the orientaton as well after informing the PD ,what action ll be taken against such an candidate?
can PD cancell his spot without giving any warning?
im not sure of the legalities of the situation. but perhaps it's best to talk to the pd, or at least to someone you may trust in the program. that way they may be able to work something out for you. if you dont let them know they may see it as dis-honest and potentailly cancell the contract. not sure how long they would wait, not even knowing what is going on.

communication i believe may be key...at least you'll know what to expect.

all the best.
i agree with doc39. U should let them know. I was reading posts on some other forum. The outcome depends on the porgram. Some may cancel the contract right away and some may wait till the end of July. I don't believe they would cancel your contract without letting you know. I also think it depends on the reason why you will not be able to start on time. Is this something that will change in the near future thus ensuring that you will be able to join them soon, or is it something that is not going to be resolved very soon...

Also, I am not sure of the accuracy of this, but: I believe the ABIM considers someone off cycle if they have missed more than one month of training, which means you cannot catch up to your batch if you start more than a month late, which might be why some IM programs may way till July 31st. This is of course only if you are talking about an IM program here.

All the best. I suggest that you speak to the PD frankly, but also reinforce your interest in them.
THANKS MISTY08 AND DOC39 FOR THE RT ADVISE.
Very good reason and most importnat the PD. If he wants, he will find the flexibility within the legalities. Talk to him with all the confidence.

Good Luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »