Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who wants to do externship - iammd
I am IMG, and every where I ask for residency position they are asking on hand training ,like externship ,how do I get externship ,do I have to pay or you get this observship
Thanks for the input
Obserbership is not considered as hands on expereince.
There are also some who don't even consider it as USCE.
any input how to get externship pleas ??????
any input how to get externship pleas ??????
you need to call some hospitals if they offer externship. i know hospitals who offer positions but they are very competitive not sure if IMGs can get in.
sometimes even working in the hospitals as a clinical nurse assistant would consider the hands on job experience and but in order to do that you have to have greencard and also have permission to do the phlebotomy.its not a clean job for a doctor but its a paid clinical experience.for externship you must be at the last year of med school (at least for the most programs that i know)!!
What I would recommend, if you do get an observership, is to carry a clipboard with you...make notes (without identifying any patient names, #s, etc), write your progress notes and ask to present to the residents, chief resident, faculty etc. That would at least provide you with a resource to go to if you need any LORs.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »