Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
failed again.......:((( - drfoolishfailure
i got my step1 result today.... failed miserably again... in first attempt got 68/170 and now got 71/177
i studied well this time coz last time i wasnt prepared... but the biggest mistake was that i didnt take up nbme before the actual exam...
completed usmleworld... was gettin from 54-62% in a block of 48 questions.....
and got 70% in usmle cd

i dont know what went wrong...

found the real exam really tough this time..
last time it was way easier but i wasnt prepared well...

what should i do now ??? please suggest??? i am really really depressed.... never had any failure in my life till now... and now i have only failures and nothin else.......Sad
somebody please help?? is my career finished in USA??
That sounds really tough. From the numbers you posted, it seems like you need a stronger foundation...get closer to 80% before you take the exam again.
hi
sorry to hear this. i know it's tough to accept.
please dont get upset.
take a break for a while. then start again.
this time concentrate on the topic u dont have good conception.
do usmleworld q bank again and go through first aid.
inshallah u will have a good career in USA.
good luck.
I'm so sorry and I know where you're coming from. I was in the exact same place back in January (when my score was 174). I know you're feeling so many emotions (most of the negative) so first of all take a few days to calm down. I would encourage you to continue seeking your dream of becoming a doctor because it CAN be done even after two disappointing attempts. I got my third score back today and passed so please realize that it is possible! I took time to figure out why I have trouble studying in medical school and doing well on standardized exams (using Oklahoma Notes Study Skills and Test-Taking Strategies for Medical Students) and I think that helped a lot. I also used Falcon online review course (http://www.falconreviews.com/falcononline/) which was AMAZING and I highly recommend it! First Aid just wasn't enough for me to really grasp all the information. I would also recommend Goljan's pathology lectures which you might be able to get from classmates but he does all of Falcon's online Path lectures so if you go that route you'll be covered.

PLEASE don't give up, you've been through too much to walk away without giving it one more go. Failure is only an event, never a person!
dude i have been there. and am still there. take ur time. 1st listen to each subject dvds again. and then do quesiion in those sub,. and then read the books for quick revision. i am still struggling.
Don't give up... you can do it!!! Take a few days off and you will feel refreshed to start again. Make a good plan and stick to it. You know where you can improve. Just do it. Next time you will do very well.
struggle hard you will pass
thank you guys for ur words of encouragement....i really appreciate that...
feel much better nw.....

i performed badly in micro/immuno and also path...
what should i read for micro/immuno.... specially immuno... do u think kaplan is d best??
and goljan is good for path ...rt??

CAn u tell me what dates u gave your exam i too failed the first time
now very nervous after hearing your story.
Please let me know when u gave both your exams your score in
usmle world is quite good mine was 48% got 67/169
Please reply
CAn u tell me what dates u gave your exam i too failed the first time
now very nervous after hearing your story.
Please let me know when u gave both your exams your score in
usmle world is quite good mine was 48% got 67/169
Please reply
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »