Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pearls of wisdom (Q banks) - mikpoutou
I am a silent participant in this forum, I got and still I am getting a lot of help from the words, questions, facts, and experiences you guys post, I just noticed recently a lot of opinions about Q banks, Q books, which is better etc.,
And I just want to give my two cents here (by the way I didn™t take the exam yet)

As we all know that step 1 exam. test your understanding to basic concepts, and it is already understood that the more you practice questions the more you get better grasp of these concepts (this is just simple learning fact for almost any test)

In other words what I want to say is; please practice any and every Q bank or Q book you can get, if it fulfills these criteria:
1. New and up to date (no more than 2 years old)
2. From trusted source.
3. And of course was tried by students before

So, if we apply these criteria about what we have:

Kaplan, NBME, RX, and UW (please note that I put it alphabetically)

All the above are excellent, all are prepared by experts, all try to be very close to the real test, and all are up-to-date.
And above all many of the 99ers students were using these Q banks and Qbooks.

Simple fact: please note that the test will have different questions, (all the 99ers confirmed that), let us understand the basic fact that all these Q banks and Q books are trying to be close to the real thing, and trying to train us to grasp the basic concepts, so we will not be surprised by the test questions and we can do well on the real thing.

My advice is: just focus on practicing Questions, buy what you can get, and again practice and practice,
Hope this will help

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Best regards
mikpoutou
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »