Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do we need to mention failed attempts in appli ? - wontgiveup
or just mentioned passed attempt only?
yes you should, otherwise when the eras system make a link to your usmle id and find discrepancy you will be banned from the match.
@ applicantguide
were you banned from the match for doing that?
no, but one of the pioneers in faking applicaions did it, he even got his passport stamped "deportation".
NO! u don't get banned! It's not that you are telling a lie. omission is not same as misrepresentation.

It really does not matter if u state or don't state the attempts while filling ERAS application. PD don't look for attempts in your CAF, they see your transcript online to see your attempts. PD can see all this right there on PDWS software.

Of course if you state "I passed on first attempt" in you CV or PS, then that is a misrepresentation of facts and that can result in any numbers of actions against you.
i studies surgey resideny in my country.I want to write as internal medicine bec i want to apply to internal medicine.Does this matter?
because i dont remember the exact dates of my previous failed attempts and i dont have the score reports.

What should I do? I am really scared after hearing about being banned. I am not saying I passed in 1st attempt. It's just I cant mention the detail of failed attempts
they will be present in your ecfmg cerificate, copy them from there.
@efi, i did im in my home country and no body asked me about it, but i mentioned it, think of what suits your application and decide.
Thanks alot applicant guide
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »