Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
applic guide..i need ur opinion on this - meesu
i am a IMG 2003 graduate.i am confused about wether i should apply this year or not for following reason.i dont hv any us lor so far.only lor;s i had r of my home country and even those r old dated like of 2006 and 2005.my scores r 88/92/78.my question is

1..with not so bad scores,step 3 passed and EAD ,is there some chance for me in family med ,p
aeds or IM.?

2..with no us lor and with weak lor old enough from home country ,being a 6 year old graduate,and with soo much competition now,is it worth applying this year or would it be waste of money and i should apply next year aftr getting some US lor?

3..if i apply to places where there is no requirment of us experience, should i be applying more on west side only?

i want to be realistic about my position and apply only if i deserve..dont wanna waste money for no good....
1. ur scores are not bad, but 6+ yrs is going to hurt you, but EAD is a positive thing, so you definitely have a chance.

2. u never when ur lucky day comes, so be positive and apply.

3. west are more stringent on criteria, with 5 yr grad cut off and mostly prefer USCE so check the criteria for each program your self and make ur own list and apply wisely all over.

good scores, dont waste more 1 year because if you had acertain chance this year you may not have it the next year.
Western states (with exception of california) dont stick much to their criteria as they have the highest vacant positions each year especially the underserved areas. Research the programs on both sides and apply widely but wisely.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »