Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is it ok to apply 2 specialties in same hospital - mark124
Hey folks,

I am interested to apply FM and psych...is it ok to apply 2 specialties in same hospital??

Please share your honest opinion

regards

ya its ok, go ahead..
the graduate office in each hospital work in coordination with all the PDs in the same hospital, so they will arrange the hotels, residents meeting dinners and sometime transportation. So you will be easily caught by them. you will be considered a nonreliable applicant who dont know what specialty he wants, and the most thing that PDs hate is reluctant or hesitant applicants.
hi applicantguide,what do u mean by reluctant/hesitant?
@anuraj_81 i mean somebody who has no future goals, applying to different residencies just to secure a position.
I dont agree with Applicant guide... All programs have PC's and they arrange accomodations . There is no link between departments to arrange acco.... If you are interested in applying to more than one speciality there is no harm... no one knows unless they have similar floors and while you tour them you come accross some one from the other department
I applied to 2 different sprecialities in same hosp... and guess what they both invited me for interview and guess what no one knew that i had applied for the different program... Odds are that you might not get calls from both specialities but If you do.. then you must be an excellent candidate... My game plan was to shcedule both of tem as far apart as I could.
and to reply to applicant guide , I dont think what you say is true... you are considered for a program based on your merit and intv skills
I agree with applicantguide, last year one of my friends applied to pathology and Pediatrics in the same hospitals, he got only one interview from the hospitlas that he applied to two progrmas and he was asked by the chief resident (pediatrics) in the interview why he applied to two different specialities and in which he is interested. I vote against applying to two programs in the same hospital.
Yes, I'll also vote against applying to two programs in the same hospital for the reasons that applicantguide and waranasi mentioned.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »