Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
applying for Pathology - Please gather here - peace4all
does scores matter a lot in pathology application?..s1 in 80s and S2 90s..old img
@ Yamma : I asked this particular Question to residents and fellows at IMG friednly programs and the answer was YES.
such an example is the selection criteriae of NSLIJH in NYC (an IMG friednly program that actually offers prematches and sponsors H-1s) : scores above 230 are considered favorably !!!
Path UAB has this standard if you ask them
"
¢ Minimum score of 80 on both Step I and Step II (first attempt)
¢ Permanent residency required “ not sponsoring H1™s or J1™s at this time
¢ ECFMG must be current and valid at the outset of your application
¢ No greater than 10 years out of medical school
¢ Must be currently living in and working in the U.S. U.S. medical experience is required, but does not necessarily have to be clinical
¢ At least one recommendation letter must be from a U.S. doctor with whom you are currently working

So, it is better to ask first. Right now, 99s are not rare...and the program may consider more...
tn9527, good to know. It is a pity that I spent unnecessary money on it without good research beforehand.
sharp, sure you will get a spot this year....

but remember, after matched or pre-matched, do not teasing unmatched, old imgs, even if they whining....(people need an out place...)
Last year a lot of guys doing so and really burn some people and they keep emailing, writing to senators....congressmans...and ins and newspapers...so..i think this year's visa problem may part from there....
tn9527 mentions a very important issue. Everyone like us is fighting for his/her own dream here and everyone here deserves a praise and encouragement, whatever the result or background is. We IMGs especially need support from our own group because it is more important for us to go through all the difficulty with stronger mental preparation than other applicants who would not understand. It is shame and shallow to laugh at others who should be respected just like ourselves. I wish I would not see anyone contributing to this post bring up any arguments like this kind. What we should do here is to share information, solve puzzles together and give each other the best help or blessing as well. Cheers!
You didn't want to go to Alabama anyway!

Anyway I don't understand why they don't sponsor visas. It's retarded IMO. Hope they get horrible residents this year.

Some programs still have not downloaded my application. Though I think the majority has.

everything silent for now. flying to see my GF tonight! Hope it will take my mind off this.

Today I'm going to finish to polish up my CV. I want to format it really nice and print it on fancy paper and bring it with me at interviews...in case someone forgot to print it out from eras!

Q about downloaded applications. Do programs download them irrespective of acceptance/rejection? i.e., only after downloading them can they even view them? Or should be take the non-downloaded status as "not interested, sorry"? 5/23 programs have not retrieved my data yet.
I think they have to download the application to look at them. So I think that programs that have not downloaded them yet will do so in a few days.

I guess everything is gonna be silent till the end of this month. I remember a friend of mine applied for 2007-2008 match,of his 24 calls only 2 were in september. Let's wait and be patient, I do believe that all of us are good candidates from different points of view and will match or prematch,so lets relax and hope for the best. Cheers Everybody,Good luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »