Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to applicantguide plz help - memo82
i have 2 questions and i need ur help
1- where shall i put my internship in the application it is part of the school to get the diploma i had to finish it so where shall i put it?under trainig or under medical education or under experience?

2-there is a question that says where ur medical education/training was interrupted or extended? i finished school in 2006 and since then i was studying for the exames and did couple of observership does this count as interruption?
plz anyone can help?
1-mention it in your PS, because any thing done before diploma is considered clinical clerkship (part of your diploma requirements).

2-interruption in med edu or training or extension has no relation to clinical gaps.
interruption here means : were you suspended (obligatory vacation due to sickness, accident or felony....) during you med school or residency years.

what you mean in the second question is clinical gap where you were not practicing medicine on patients....
thx alot for ur response .but on my diploma the issue date is before i finished my clerckship.
so shall i put that i finished school after the clerckship or as it appear on my diploma?
as it appear in your diploma.
thx applicantguide ,another q i am IMG do i have to bring a deans letter or MSPE ?as the ecfmg says that they generate these for the iIMGS?
yes you have to bring it, otherwise it is not obligatory for application.
1-the ecfmg will issue a blank paper just to replace the gap in the application
2- the mspe is important for the AMGs and is released to the PDs in 1 Nov, this means after you get most of your interviews invitations.
is it late to get it? it will take at least 2 weeks to get it from my country and then send it to eras,shall i apply while aam waiting for it?
mspe will be realsed on 1 nov to the PDs, so I think you have time, anyway contact ecfmg regarding deadlines.

For International Medical Graduates (IMGs) seeking assistance, contact the Educational Commission for Foreign
Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
ECFMG
3624 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-2685
USA

Tel: (215) 386-5900
Fax: (215) 966-3133

Web: www.ecfmg.org
E-mail: eras-support@ecfmg.org

For all technical questions, contact the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
In the event that your question is not addressed in the MyERAS Help Section, or it cannot be answered by
your designated dean's office, visit Application Process Guideline for detailed information about the ERAS
process and Using MyERAS for information on how to use MyERAS.

You may also e-mail MyERAS at myeras@aamc.org. To expedite responses to your questions, please be sure to include:

your name
your AAMC ID
your designated dean's office
your return e-mail address
Responses to requests received without this information may be delayed.

Be very specific when describing your problem
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »