Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re:Late start of the residency - memsaab
Hi I have started my residency late- mid august due to visa delays. How will it affest my fellowship start dates. I will be working until mid august and most fellowships start 1st july. Also if I cant start the fellowship in 3 years time, how can I extend my J1 visa ( as ECFMG is my sponsor) and I will finish my residency until december same year for the fellowship.

I hope someone will shed some light in this regard.

Thanks a lot
memsaab
i find it utterly ridiculous that you havent even completed one single month of residency and you are concerned about fellowship.

why dont you try and focus on doing your best job and avoiding 1)being thrown out 2) being on probation 3) pissing any patients off 4) getting along with your fellow residents 5) impressing the staff 5) and LEARNING SOMETHING.

This is just friendly advice. The fact that you are distracted is disturbing. Focus on the here and now and understand that you are still in training....learn.
Hi Memsaab - I will be going for a J1 visa IV 2 mos after the start of my resi pgrm. Although my contract says that I shld join w/in 60 days my PD has allowed me to join late. Will the expired contract cause any pbs during the J1 visa IV in Mumbai?? I hv my DS-2019 and I believe thats what the visa officer is interested in.

Any1 who appeared for a J1 IV - did the visa officer asked you for ur contract or ds2019 or both?

Thanks alot for ur help!!
memsaab, my spouse was in a similar situation like yours. He didnot take vacation during the first 2 yrs of residency and when he applied for fellowship, he asked the PD to mention in his LOR that he will be completing residency in June. It depends, if you can work continuously for 2 yrs without vacation.
Dear Kujju

Thank you for your advice, I have had a chat with my PD/Chair and they have agreed to sort it out.Thanks a lot for your careful thoughts and words of concern.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »