Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I too late for the application? - gl2u
since i was 99% sure i was going to fail CS, i did not prepare the application much except personal statement. On 8/19 i got result i passed CS, so i plan to apply 2010, i can send all my LORs at the end of this week , and upload my personal statement and photo before 9/1.
but i found that it takes about 2-4 weeks to upload lor, transcript, and people told me it is very important to apply on time, so my Q is
Am i too late for the application? if so, how much will it affect my application?

thank u very much!!

good luck to your application!!
no you are not too late.... congratulations on being ecfmg certified !! send original LoRs, original MSPE (not a big rush about this one, you can send by oct 1 if not ready), and send a copy of medical school transcript.

Upload photo and PS. Search and assign documents to programs meanwhile.

Good luck !
crazycool6,

thank you very much!! what you told me is really relief for me. hopefully i can get everything ready before programs take look at them.
i still have some Qs:
when will programs begin to look documents? when will they begin to arrange interview?
i was told they arrange interviews first for AMG, then IMG, so what time period for IMG?

thanks!!

programs download them almost right away after sept 1, some other programs will wait... just depends how busy they are I guess. Once they are downloaded then the PD/ committee start reviewing the documents/ applications.

Its not true that AMGs are interviewed first, when you go for interviews, depending on the program you will usually have a mix of AMGs and IMGs. Interviews are from Oct-Jan typically.
crazycool6,
thank you very much!!
program download them almost right away after sept 1??
from this point of view, it will have negative effect on my case, my LORs will not be ready for them to view at that time.
now, i regret i should ask lor earlier..

gl to your application!!
Dear gl2u wuld you please share us your CS experiance?why did you think you will fail?thank good you passes.I am waiting for my result on 14th Oct....
arshia,

the reason i felt i was going to fail is that some my practice partners falied SEP who speak english better than me.
the reason i passed , i think because of luck, and i prepared about 3 months, and practiced every case more than 4 times.
the key is the you should pratice as much as you can. so you will feel more confident after more pratice.

GL to your CS exam!!
Hi gl2u,
I remember you from 4-5 months ago when I was preparing for my CK. Congrats, you passed cs and got the certificate.
GL with your applications...
mimi07,

i remember you too. it is nice to meet a old friend again!
GL to ur applications too!!

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »