Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
does anyone have a list IMG friendly at california - harrsha
please post some img friendly hospitals at california. is there anyone who matched at california
Good question, if so please can I have a copy to HGLTsuperstar, and any "California" advice gratefully received
There is no list, but many places that are worth applying to-- Loma linda, Bakersfield, Usc, Fresno, Davis, Salinas, Sacramento, Charles drew, white memorial, Kaiser. All these places have a no. of IMGs.
What about San Diego?
Hi,San Diego is one of the best places to live in America,So it's highly competitive..but still not impossible.If you know anyone in UCSD,you can get an externship first and see if they offer a prematch.The other places are Kaiser and Naval Hosp.What specialty r u looking for?Where do u live in San Diego,I live 1.5 hrs east.
hi i live in san diego in rancho bernardo near mira mesa...and i am an img....do u think i have a chance to get into IM here.....i need H1 visa
Hi Kuri,
R u m/f?and have u taken all steps?r u planning for 2006 match?I think San Diego is extremely hard and ofcourse you must check into what hospitals if any,offer u the H1 visa.If you find them,then you can try to get an externship there and then see.good luck.
Hi there ,i live in san diego and right now doing research in pulmanary medicine at the UCSD Hill creast center.Did not match last year can any body advice me how to proceed for an externship??i attend some conferences go to ward some times with the fellows...my scores are in 80's...1998 graduate do ihave chance to get in here???can some one guide me on this??any input is highly appreciated.Thanks.
Hi, sandiego is impossible to get. If you look at the profiles of recent residents there, they are all AMG nad that too from high profile american medical schools.They havent invited IMG even for internal medicine interview in quite some time.
Does anybody know about other places in california which might me img friendly.
Hi,you can try Loma Linda,then-Kaiser in other cities.You can look into Riverside and Kern in Bakersfield too.What about Irvine?Can anyone tell me if Irvine/Fresno etc r hard to get?those who have matched in California this year,please post where and what scores etc so that it will be helpful to us.
to Res2005Big Grino they offer any prematch in UCSd?u can find out,also it helps to get really friendly with the PD etc.why did u not match this year..where all did u apply?what specialty do u want?why dont u ask at Scripps or Naval medical center if they can give u an externship?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »