Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any kababayan applying for 2010 match? - kungdoktor
congrats wobetow!!! thats IM right do you know whats their score cutoff and other requirments? yes i believe thru prayers nothing is impossible so guys relax and don't lose hope interviews will come soon!!! Smile
hi docshing! nope! am referring to jhu itself...

Congrats wobertow! now you have to prepare for the interview., good luck!!
thanks everyone! Smile
rivermaya, minimum score requirement is 80, year of grad
thanks wobertow!!! goodluck with your interviews!!!
wobertow: CONGRATS............Smile goodluck sa interview
Hey count me in. 2006 Grad UERM, Prelim Internal Med and Neuro applicant. Godbless sa ating lahat.
Hey Yakisoba. About your question about Johns Hopkins University. I was lucky to get a very short observership there. To answer your question, yes, I see foreign medical graduates..in fact marami sila. Mostly indians. No MD Filipinos despite the great number of Filipino nurses there (buong OR nurse yata Filipino). Most of these FMGs are either MPH or PhD so its apparent that the more research background you have the better your chances here. With my short stay there all I can say that labas palang ng hospital amoy utak na...very bright and Humble people...they always put me in their teaching conference and rounds. In fact nag sosorry pa sila sa akin if they become busy for not teaching me. Very great personalities. I myself will not apply there..reason...its freaking competetive. But malay mo ikaw, you will never know. I think Bayview and Sinai hospitals are JHU affiliated as I saw some residents doing electives there. Mt Sinai has Filipino IM residents there.

They accept FMGs but expect higher level of competetition-number of publications, number of USCE aside from the scores.

Hope this helps
hi! im happy that there is a thread for us pinoys. ibang iba talaga ang atmosphere sa thread na to. napaka supportive. sa ibang thread, you can literally feel the crab mentality. hehe. Smile
Hi Mikemd! Thanks for the info.. Did not have any question though.. it was eyore... i was answering his/ her question.. Smile i know one filipino img in jhu-sinai.. and he is active here in this forum.. agr.. anyways.. am in texas now doing fm residency... Smile
mikemd: "sa labas pa lang amoy utak na" FUNNY! Big Grin That's good to hear that they have their feet on the ground and don't have god-complexes kahit super talino na. Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »