Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sick! and the ck is tomorrow... - chris783
Ok, I usually don't like to complain except to my family and close friends. Yesterday, I was feeling a bit funky, but I kept telling myself I will get better. I wake up this morning, and I think I might developing a mild case of the flu. And, I have my test tomorrow.

Ah, it never fails. For step 1, I also had a few events occur the day before my test. I'm debating on whether I should call and ask about postponing because I am going to NY on Saturday to start my new job and, for the next 10 months, my new life. I don't like the idea of testing there because NY... well, let's just say they don't necessarily have the southern hospitality I am familiar with. Anyone tested up there.

I can't even go to the doctor because my insurance expired this July. Could it be influenza A or the H1N1? Does it matter?

Advice or words of encouragement are welcomed. I'll probably take the test anyway. I'd like to believe that getting sick is God's way of saying, "Giiiirl, you have to got to slow down and rest." Yes, I think God is a Southerner who speaks slang. Smile
hi, take a good rest today! don't let your brain strained before tomorrow. It will be a long long day. take a rest today and see how you will feel tomorrow morning. Good Luck with your exam and new job!
I believe rewards come for the pains you suffer for the purpose. Being sick and taking the test is just a part of the effort you are putting in. God will include this suffering while He calculates your score. Just keep your morale up.

Make sure any cold medication you take before the test don't have anti-histaminics in them. The can cause mental dullness you know. Best wishes to you

And yeah. I had flu the night before my ck and I ended up with 99/251 Smile
Oh!! sorry for that..if i were you i'll postpone it..exam is not testing your knowledge it also tests your endurance!! i dought with sever flue symptoms you can stand it ..i dont know i'm just imaginig my self in your shoes!!..i wont expose my all efforts to such jeopardy..postponing it doesn't carry that risk!!..i'm sure you'll find NY better.. i'm really sorry for you brother..
God bless you!
dont let the devil try and take away your blessing!! if you put in the time go get it and I bet you come out on top!!! AND NEW YORK SUCKS!! everyone is pissed all the time!! i love the South too!!
Hey guys,

Thank you for your kind words! So, I just called ECFMG; although they would give me an extension with a fee waiver, the prometric center will not. And, I just cannot waste money like that. I understand that I won't be at my full strength, but I'm so goshdarn close.

Besides, before and during my step 1 exam, I was feeling much more worse in comparison. I was sleeping all day, unmotivated, irritable, and bloated-- and that's just female physiology! And, I ended up with the score I sought. Toha, by the way, I'm a girl. I constantly have to stop myself from addressing people on the forum as sweetie, darlin', and hon.

I appreciate sammy's anecdote. God will calculate my score for step 2 or for life in general? Smile
Anyway, I'll just take my last nbme and enjoy the rest of the day. I'll post my experience soon.
so brave i .. like that sweetie .. w'll pray for you ..i'm sure you'll do it
Good Luck in your exam
thankyou for your comment .. just now got it .. you're right
Good luck with your exam, don't worry it will come out realy good, dont forget to take painkiller with you, you need to remain pain free for the day ! All the luck !
well i could not sleep for 2 days before the exam but thankfully god gave me good 8 hours sleep before the exam day..i was in way too much stress..i would say that u should just relax now as u must have studied what u could...just relax and leave rest on god..hw will take care of you!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »