Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
********** FAmiLY Med. Thread---2010 ************* - nono
I prefer not to list my credentials. I don't think it helps in anyway to list your credentials. As long as you meet their criteria, and there is only one criteria that I do not meet referring to LORs as they want them to be all from FM's or primary care.
maan , my lors not fm also, i may get rejection soon.
University of Wyoming Family Medicine Residency Program at Casper.
Broadlawns Residency programs
Sutter Health Family Medicine Residency CA
Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center - Shreveport
SIU family medicine @ springfield ( first one is the hardest ) sigh
SIU fam med @ springfield
SIU rejection too!
I GOT A REJECTION FROM GREENVILLE SC TOO
AND Idaho rural track , caldwell
and des moines, iowa tell me now they dont sponsor J-1
does anyone know whether being a Canadian citizen helps at all ?????
I GOT A REJECTION FROM GREENVILLE SC TOO
AND Idaho rural track , caldwell
and des moines, iowa tell me now they dont sponsor J-1
does anyone know whether being a Canadian citizen helps at all ?????
@nono,

How many FM programs u applied to?

Do you need visa?

2 rejections for me on day 1-Des Moines and another program in New Mexico.

Two mails today saying received & reviewing application.

Thanks.

ntr
Rejections:
1)Thank you for your interest in the Central Washington Family Medicine Residency Program. We have received your application through ERAS. All applicants to our program must be either a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident of the United States status at the time of applying to our program. As you do not meet these criteria, we will not be screening your application.
Please note, EADs cannot be substituted for U.S. Citizenship or U.S. permanent resident status.
We wish you well in the achievement of your goals.

2)Thank you for your interest in the University of Minnesota/St. Cloud Hospital Family Medicine Residency. Your application and credentials for training in Family Medicine have been carefully reviewed. We regret that we are unable to grant you an interview at this time.We extend to you our best wishes for securing the program and training you desire.
Sincerely,
Joe Blonski, MD
Program Director

3)Dear Applicant:
The "Minimum Requirements" listed below must be met before applicants can be considered for an interview spot.
In reviewing your application, we find you have not met one or more of the following criteria:
- For IMGs: Documentation of one FULL year of U.S. Clinical (hands on) experience at the time of application and under the direct supervision of a U.S. licensed physician. Depending on letters of reference from your attendings (in particular your family medicine attending) during your U.S. experience, we may consider some flexibility with the year of U.S. clinical experience. This will, however, require solid documentation of both inpatient and outpatient experience from your U.S. attendings.
- Passing USMLE or COMLEX Scores. There are no minimum score requirements, but we do look for one attempt). Applications with more than two attempts for Step 1 and Step 2 CK will not be considered.
- Passing Standardized Patient Evaluation Exam Scores (Step 2 CS) - First attempt is mandatory.
- Have been out of Medical School for no more than 4 years
- A Personal Statement (2 page maximum)
- A Curriculum Vitae
- Official Transcript
- Dean's Letter (or equivalent)
- 3 Recommendation Letters (REQUIRED: At least 1 LOR from a family physician)
We do not sponsor any visas (funding or initiating paperwork) but we will accept a J1 visa sponsored by the ECFMG.
Regretfully, we will not be extending an invitation to you. We wish you every success in matching with a program that will meet your expectations for a successful residency experience.
Sincerely,
Michelle Tower, Assistant Recruiting Coordinator
Central Maine Medical Center - FMR
Lewiston, Maine
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »