Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***** neurology thread ****** - lazygenius
Hey Boytoy18in ,, could you please share your credentials and whether UNMC is Categorical or Prelim/Advanced for Neurology

Thanks
Hi bernardsean28,I have interviewed there last yr..
They clearly mentioned to all the interviewers that they are not gonna sponser H1 from now on due to financial reasons.
It is the same with the IM dept as well.
GL
img wid high scores and no usce
its advanced prog
but i have no idea how the prog is?

anyone wid any idea how the prog is and when should i schedule it?
These are the requirements and eligibility criteria
Dear Prospective Applicant:

Thank you for your interest in our program. The Department of Neurology at Drexel University College of Medicine offers a three year program, PGY-2 through PGY-4. We do not have PGY-1. Our institution offers preliminary positions; however, you must apply separately to the Department of Internal Medicine. The American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN) require that PGY-1 include a minimum of 8 months in internal medicine with primary responsibility in patient care. The preliminary year must be completed in an ACGME (Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education) accredited program.

Each year, we offer six PGY-2 positions. All positions for July, 2009 were filled during this year™s Match. We will be accepting applications for PGY-2, 2010 only through ERAS. Please be advised that we do not offer pre-match positions.

International Medical Graduates are welcome. We sponsor J-1 visa. Clinical experience in the USA is not a requisite for applying or being interviewed. A minimum of 200 is required in the first attempt of each step of the USMLE and Medical School graduation must be within the last five years.

For more information visit www.drexelmed.edu click on œResidencies and Fellowships then on œResidency Programs and finally on œNeurology.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Mariella L. Canales
Program Coordinator
Department of Neurology
i applied on 6 september when shall i expect my mailbox to show at least ackowledgement of application?
Step 1 80, Step 2 81, CS - Pass (All steps in first attempt), 2005 Grad

Do not need visa (GC Holder)

Research Since 2006, Neurology Research Since july 2008, Four Neurology US recommendation letters.

Total 6 Publications.

Last Year matched but did not get preliminary position.
hi nshah5,
where did u match last yr ..?and where else did u interview..?
creighton rejection...
hey lazygenius..wat r ur credentials?
any news?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »