Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biochemistry Torture -
Shura Podmoskovnyi - alexander.timchenko@med.ge.com

Hello everyone!

I'm boning up on Biochem at the moment. Really tough subject, ain't it? Need your hint on this, how deeply should I go into details like formulas, genetic code, metabolic conversion schemes. What's is the best book to study Biochem? Currently I've got NMS series book. It looks deadly serious but I'm not sure I've gotten the best one.

Thanks guys! Best of luck to all of you!!!
Ali Arasalan memon - ali_arsalan_memon

Hi Miss Shura,
Iam a fresh grad in Pakistan.I know and can feel what kind of painstaking task you are performing,since i feel the same way regarding biochemistry.As far as iam concerned,Kaplan's biochemistry lecture notes have been a life saver and has explained the most difficult concepts with miraculous simplicity.I dont know whether u have acces to the Kaplan notes,but one thing is pretty sure;throw away the NMS book the very instant u read this mail.ARe u out of your mind,that stuff has been obsolete for years now.I dont know what kind of a jerk advised that to a poor soul like u.If u cant get hold of kaplan,then u should start doing lippincott's as of this moment ,along with high yield cell and molecular biology.You can mail for any further advice any time.
Kumar - kumara@medscape.com

Hi!

Like Ali says, you are much better off studying Biochem from Kaplan and Lippincott. The concepts are much easier to understand from these materials.

Good luck!
anne

Kaplan good enough, although it doesn't cover every Q on biochem you will see in the exam. But still, is probably your best bet.
Good luck.
SHURA PODMOSKOVNYI

Hey guys! Great news!
I talked to friend of mine yesterday. Recently that lad got residence. So, you know, I asked him the same questions about Biochem. He told me NMS ain't no old and it covers all topics. This explains the point it isn't easy. Once I'm on my way to finish biochem study I'll proceed to dig through this book.

Best regards.
Kolya - psangre@mail.ru

Hi shurik!

Are u russian?. may be u live near me? i can help u. I'll try to USMLE st1. Please link whith me! Do svidaniya!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »