Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Relax/Have Faith in Yourself-Exam Experience - adeeplook
I am a silent observer on this forum and wanted to write some words of inspiration to the many of you who wait anxiously for your exam scores. This website along with many others have help ease my insanity during the difficult weeks of awaiting my board score. I thank you all for the support and I hope that likewise, this posting provides support to those who need it.

I take my Step 2 ck during the second week of April. The exam was very long and tiring. The questions were exhausting to read in the alotted time without one's mind wondering. The answer possibilities went A through sometimes P. It is important to train yourselves very the long endeavor. Study hard, but also relax because a large part of success on this exam is keeping calm and cool through the 9 hours. Time can be a factor if you let it be. Try to spend sometime during your studies timing yourself in a standardized setting if possible. Train your mind to be able to read long passages and look for key words. There may be distractions during the exam, but do your best to put those aside and concentrate on the task at hand. During my exam, I became a little anxious because there was an individual typing next to me during a large portion of the exam. It is mind over matter! Be strong.

I felt confident about many questions, but at the same time, I realized that there was information that I did not cover as well as I would have liked to. THIS FEELING IS TOTALLY NORMAL. The exam has the liberty to test anything and everything. Step 1 information is fair game on this exam but is presented in a clinical context. My exam had a great deal of OB/GYN and a surprisingly great deal of Psyc questions (they were very long).

I left the exam feeling very numb. There was no way that I could possibly guess my fate. I knew that there were many questions that I answered correctly (I probably remembered 30 or so). But I also realize the ridiculous mistakes I made. I was sure I had answered 20 or so incorrectly. In the big picture of 368 questions, this meant nothing to me.

I frequently had the feeling that I failed. I even convinced myself days before receiving my score that I would have to go through the whole ordeal of studying once again. The thought of how I would tell my family and dean plaqued me. You will feel like you failed. This sensation of uncertainly is totally normal and the test is designed to invoke many of us with this emotion.

Keep faith and pray for guidance and sanity. Make sure you remain focused during the exam and don't lose the goal at hand. The questions will be long and confusing, but don't lose sight that you know this material. You can answer these questions. Also realize that the feeling of being overwhelmed is understandable and normal.

I wish you all the best of luck in your upcoming endeavors. For those of you who await your exam score, keep great faith. Your mind will try to convince you of the many mistakes you made. Stay calm and collected and await your score.

May you all have the best success!

I forgot to mention that I received my passing score yesterday. Thank you and best of luck.
Thanks for your encouraging post.
Wish you all the best!

adeeplook,
congratulations on passing your exam . you did a great job.
are you an american medical student / you said something about your dean .
what types of questions did you do and how long /
good luck on your future exams.
matoka
Congratulations! What materials did you use to study for the exam?
I used Crush the Boards for Step 2 and did the questions on Qbank. To optimize your score, I would recommend simulating the exam to get a standardized experience. I believe the largest obstacle is staying calm and keeping your mind on track in the limited amount of time given per question.

I also downloaded high-yield study notes from the internet. I went to google and searched for Step 2 high yield notes and found them very helpful and a good way to start up or wind down and study session.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »