Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To pier & others about USCE - monica_indimg
can u please tell me how to arrange an observership? i'll be on a B2 visa for CS.Is there any way i can plan in advance ,maybe through the internet?
Any programs u guys know who are open to this?
I'm a fresh grad & i want to apply to IM programs
One more Q.I won't be certified by the time of ERAS application & my CS trip would be in sep-oct period.Would this be a disadvantage to me while interviewing?
I plan to take step 3 also as soon as i get certified, around feb next year & try for H1b.
hi monica!
please share your VISA experience here,it will be of tremendous help to all of us
vikas.
Hi Monica,
Observership.....very difficult to get but the best way(and only way) is to individually enquire at each hospital either by personally going there,calling up or e-mailing them.If you know someone who is practicing Dr. approach them instead.

Though I was planning to do a 1-2month observership initially but now I will be going ahead with the 2006 match without any USCE.I am concentrating on what I'm doing at the moment and do not have any time to observe what I already know!Many of my friends have gotten into IM residency with 0 USCE.Ofcourse many programs want it but there are also many who don't!So do your research and apply to residency programs where you suit best in their selection.....it will save you alot of money and time!
You do not need ECFMG cert at the time of application/interviews but there are some programs which need this requirement so check up their website.However you do need the cert before March in order to participate in the match.
I
f you're giving Step 3 mainly for the reason of obtaining H1 then only apply to H1 programs....why waste your money in a program which you're not interested in!!!

In order to help you(and many others) I will be putting up the list of IMG friendly hospitals,the visa types they offer and other relevant criterias on this forum in July-end so EVERYONE take notice.I also have the complete list for IMG friendly Psychiatry programs which I will be putting up at that time.Hope this helped.
Thanks Pier ! I'll keep an eye on ur list here then! Yes i do want h1B only & i think your advice is logical.I'm busy with exam right now so can't do much research for the time being.
Aren't u the guy who got an aussie job?
BTW all the programs i checked wants certificate before interview !!! I think they've put this requirement by default & i need to contact them individually !
Yes I got a job in Australia and will be starting my job in June.

Since I gave USMLE Step 1 already and had already paid for my step 2 I thought I might as well finish it.USMLE is recognized in NZ so might as well try my luck!

No,many will say ECFMG required but actually what they mean is you need the ECFMG cert. before your residency starts not for the interviews.
Thats great Pier...thanks for still being there in the forum.Best of luck ! Can u pliz mail me at laimoniq..i might need to ask some Qs later on!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »