Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orthopedic residency - chris
Hi - UK doc, new to this part of the forum, awaiting cs result, scored 99/99 in steps.

Applying for ortho residency in Sept, hoping that someone will be kind enough to help me out with a few things.

Is there data available of the IMG/FMG intake of INDIVIDUAL hospital residency programs, i.e. listed by named hospitals *(rather than just % of IMGS in ortho or % of IMG's in St Luke's NYC for example) ????

Also, if the above isnt available - does anyone have any tips on what hosps are good for FMG ortho intake?

Anyone have any advice on places that acept FMG's for ortho ecxternships.

I realise a lot of people have no interest in orht but if anyone can give any generic advice i would appreciate it.

Let me know if i can help anyine in return.

cheers, thanks

chris

I realise a lot of people have no interest in orht but if anyone can give any generic advice i would appreciate it.

.....Yes you've got this right!!!

My only advice is concentrate in NY,NJ,Penn for the search of your answers as these are the IMG friendly states.
Orthopedics is extremely hard to get into even for U.S. grads near the top of their classes. I would definitely apply to other specialties as well to be sure you get a residency position. You may want to look into the General Surgery -> Plastic Surgery -> Hand Surgery Fellowship as an alternative route if you are determined to do ortho.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »