Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using MD Title - jumbomd
being a foriegn medical graduate and still having to take the exam and finish residency,, ...is one legally able to use the MD tiltle against ones name right now.

OR one can use the MD title after finishing USMLE exams.

OR have to wait till one finishes the residency?

Thanks
after u begin ur residency!

but im not really sure
you can use it since the day of graduationn from med school, there is no difference if u are or not ECFMG certified.
As long as you have completed your med school. Since the day of your graduation you can use title of MD.
You can use the title MD if your have completed a MD program, you can NOT use it if you are an indian grad which give the title MBBS (or somethinglike that, I am not sure). It is not because the training is bad but the way it is structured by the British to prevent the indians from expanding to the world. The med grads in india as far as I know from some of my friends, are regarded as officers of indian health although the curricula is almost overlapping with the british med schools. BUT as the ignorant people in the US do not know anything that happens out of their home town most indians as well as some DO's ude the title MD after years of using it it sticks to your name.

I have a totaly differnt opnenion.
if you live in USA then you can not say you are an MD till you are in the residency. if you are visiting USA u might use it. be practical ,bcz if you live here and you are not yet in residency and you call yourself MD it looks like telling ppl you are working as a doctor here and actually u r not. which is pretty much fraud like name!
I think u can use MD after u r certified..thats what one of the docs told me.
when i was making my resume to find any job, i was advised by my teacher to use MD, becasue i am a medical doctor, as it says in my diploma, though i graduated in foreign country, certification gives you the lawful permission to practice medicine here. I know guys who do research here they use MD titile for publications though they are not certifite.
You can use it after your med school graduation.
I was in an IV and they gave us an ID with our names and the MD title in it.
So you have that degree like other degrees and you can use it whenever and wherever you like to do it.
GL M.Ds
depends on what title your medical school gives you...MBBS or MD

if your an MBBS...than can use MD once start residency
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »