Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Med-peds a redundant specialty??? - drnita
guys is med-peds becoming a redundant specialty??I just received an iv for this..what is ur opinion?somebody told me its becoming redundant ,but am not too sure how well informed the person is.any comments would be appreciated..
u will get a job.....is that not enough? and you will be doing medicine.....be happy with the iv
look on the bright side you can see all walks of life except Pregnant women. Once you decide what fellowship you will persue later you will even narrow done your scope of interest.
Best of luck
PS. Take any advice or criticism with a pinch of salt... think of your future and what you want in life. (@redundant)
well luvfp...that is not my question...whether i will be hapy or not...i have intviews in IM,FM and peds,so that is not the point whether i will have a job or not...

does anybody else have anything useful to add?no sarcastic comments pls.kindly keep those to urself.I am genuinely loking 4 info about this.
@mysam-thank u.any1 elses opinions pls?
specifically could any1 pls help me by outlining afew advantages and disadvantages of doing med-peds compared to IM only/peds/only..thanks!i would really appreciate it
going by ur attitude..id be surprised if u even match!!

was it necessary to be so rude to luvfp?..what he said was not all that bad!
im not trying to be rude and am grateful that i havethe interview..i just dont see the point of sum1 telling me to be happy,when im looking 4 info!!!!!!!!!!!anyway does any1 have anything useful to add?
I'm a 2nd year Med-Peds resident, and in retrospect I am very glad that I chose med-peds. I don't feel at all that it is a redundant specialty. I love being able to see multi-generational patients from the same family, and I love the variety and challenge that comes from being able to see a 2 week-old infant and a 90-yr old grandmother within the same hour in clinic.
There are multiple med-peds practices throughout the country (although there's obviously much less of them than stand-alone pediatric or internal medicine practices). I plan to continue seeing both adults and kids probably in a primary care setting, and there are some people from our residency who have gone on to combined fellowships in things like pulmonology (useful with cystic fibrosis), and hem-onc. Another advantage of being med-peds is being more knowledgeable in caring for kids with adult diseases (obesity, high cholesterol, hypertension, etc), and for adults with childhood diseases who are now surviving longer (cystic fibrosis, congential heart abnormalities, etc). There's a lot more info and statistics on www.medpeds.org, if you're interested, and if you have any other questions I can help with, please let me know. Good luck on your interviews!
alextent : thanks a lot for the useful info! can u plz drope me a not, i want to ask more if u dont mind and i dont have internet at home to be here most often.
thanks again and all the best
merichr2004 at yahoo.com
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »