Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nbme 2 doubts - amy_doc
i just completed nbme 2 ,i did nt have an extended feedback so just typin ques as i remembered

1.lady complainin of hot feet,on exam skin is red n hot n dry.whc fibres r disrupted
autonomic afferent
pregang parasymp
postgang symp
somatic cut
2.child on oral hydrocortisone,develpos pedal edema due to
inc pulm prod of angiotens
inc renin due to stess
inc adh due to stress
converted to minercorticoid in liver
acts on both glucor n mincorcd receptors
3.some lesions on hand,just jotted down the que no. if anyone has nbme form..its block 3 q 13
4.some ques on ciliogenesis..i dont rem...all i know i had marked dat option of centrioles as answer..can anyone guide on this?
5.vasoconstric not blocked by prazosin n brady blocked by scopolamine
angiotensin
amphetamine
N.E
phenylephrine

n if anyone has form 2 along wid answers pls tell me how to get them
thanks in advance

1. post ganglionic sympathetic
2. acts on both mineralocorticoid and glucocorticoid receptors
5. Angiotensin ... both NE and angiotensin will cause intense vasoconstriction and so reflex bradycardia. The reflex bradycardia produced by both these drugs can be inhibited by the vagolytic action of scopolamine. Vasoconstriction produced by NE can be blocked by prazosin (at Alpha 1 adrenergic receptors) but that by angiotensin (acting on AT receptors) cannot be blocked by prazosin.
got it..thanks godfather...its postgang symp coz of thermoregulatory act of sweat glands which have cholinergic receptors rite?
another doubt...there was a picture of a cut section of brain of 82yr old lady with symp of prog memoery loss apraxia n aphasia
1.alzeimer dis
2.vascular dementia
3.creuk-jakob dis
dont rem other options
82 yr old lady ... probably the image of the brain cut section would have shown global cortical atrophy with dilated ventricles (i havent seen the image ) ... 82 yr old ... i will close my eyes and go for Alzheimer's

Vascular dementia ... it is a type of sub cortical dementia due to multiple infarcts
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »