Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What a chance for my match in residency? - tong
I'm an old IMG( 39y/r). Graduated 15 years ago.Have 5 years of clinical experience in internal medicine in my hometown, then went to graduate school for basic research. Getting another Ms. in basic medical research in North America. I'm now working in a medical research lab in US. My boss is a clinical oncologist. Should get GC when I complete all the 3 steps and get ready matched.

I'm just thinking to prepare for UMSLE, can I get chance for match in the future?

Thanks!
No need to ask us just get your boss to secure you a position in internal medicine and thence oncology in his depatment unless he is not influential. Even if he is not you are better off applying for internal medicine in the future with bias in oncology. But first thing first, do the USMLE steps and worry about match later.
Thanks. I'm just worried about that I'm an old IMG and I have not been in clinical work for almost 10 years. I came across some posts in this forum and feel that I may have very fewer chances for matching even if I have recommendation letters from doctors in US. I'm not sure if I need to give it a try. Have anyone who have similar situation as mine get matched? Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks a lot!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »