Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
calling programs.. mailing them.. - docaq
i called few programs n mailed some too.. requesting an update for my ERAS application..
here are my statistics..
emails.. no replies
phone.. 1 out of 3 calls will get through.. i out of 3 will talk to you nice enough and may ask for ur ID# n name n tell u that u will be mailed or else..

BUT couldn't get a single IV out of it..

wats ur input on this. Any success story?
this is something has to do with luck.I mean if they, for any reasons havent reviewed ur application and u threw some spotlights on it by calling them and afterthat if they find that u meet their criteria they may send u an IV.
thats why I am not interested to call or email any programs, at least at this level.
I think it helps...I mailed them my CS result last week and got some positive and negative replies.
Keep trying
o i see..

will u plzz tell what do u mean by 'at least at this level'
u mean its a bit early in the time line?

or do u mean that the odds of one's application not being viewed... into the odds that ur call/mail will make them review it.. into the odds that u may get an IV out of it.. is so much odds thats it isnt worth a try..
I dont know!
but as long as u are recieving rejections , this means that ur applications are being reviewed .
I still believe chances of getting IVs start to shrink by December, we r still in October.
GL
I think October is still a great month to get interviews last year I got most interviews then and I just pulled my application from the match I looked at my notes last year I got most my interviews in the end of october so do not worry
Look, do you have any attendings that wrote your Letters of recommendation to call the program on your behalf, it is better someone besides yourself calls to request a review I had my attending from my rotation to call and he talked to the programs for me, this is one good option also you may try calling early in the morning when the program opens or call the operator to put you into the GME office
@docaq
i applied to around 60 programs (radio list from a well known experienced person in radiology matching), i emailed and called about half of them and i didnt contact rest of them. i got 11 rejections from the half i contacted and no interviews. i got 2 rejections from those who i didnt contact and 5 invites.

i strongly advice you not to contact any, they already have headache especially from their naggy AMGs. i feel that once they have your aamc id in hand it will be easier for them to reject you and get rid of some headache. I think no body can press on these cool blooded program directors, they really take there time and will eliminate any source of headache from their way. Goodluck
thanks for all the input

@panjsheer.. nooops no attending for me.. can i use a voice changer!!! LOLZ
i called them for so many programs..guess what i got 2 ivs from them..so i think you should be more aware of wht ur gonaa talk..it worked in my case.. I dont know abut others.good luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »