Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pap smear q - meena
Can someone please tell me the correct age to start screening someone who is not sexually active-is it 18 years or 21?? thanks
21 yrs or 3 yrs form the onset of first intercorse. Every 2-3 yrs if 3 are N.
thanks
kaplan video said 18 or when they discaver the sex becouse of afe of 18 u a loking for NON HPV Ca even if they had never had intercourse.
If they are 18 but no sex - PAPS, u are loking for other Tu
If they are 14 and already having fun -PAPS
The new guidelines of the American Cancer Society (ACS) recommend initiating screening 3 years after onset of sexual activity but no later than age 21. ACS recommends annual screening with conventional Pap tests, or screening every 2 years if liquid-based cytology is used, until age 30; thereafter, the screening interval can be extended to 2-3 years based on past screening results and risk factors. Most other North American organizations have previously recommended beginning screening at onset of sexual activity or at age 18; these include the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)7, American College of Preventive Medicine (ACPM), American Medical Association (AMA) the Canadian Task Force on Preventive Health Care (CTFPHC),31 and the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP).
I just remember Kaplan video when the lector said:
18 or when they start sex.Whatever occurs first.
So it is kind of easy to remember.but I have no idea haw curent are Kaolan videous. So may be u right!!!
mamamia :in kaplan live lecture 3 months ago dr:manuel penalver said:that it was change to 21 yr(new guidelines)like madhatter said before.
ok that means Kaplan is updated becouse I sow the lectures may be 8 mounts ago.I did write 18 y i n my kaoplan book. and u know that means I did answer wrong on the exam Sad becouse I do have Q about PAPS - don't remember exatly.
to MAMAMIA
.. don't worry bcos in the class other teacher said (dr.Castro) that's depend of the college and we don't know which one choose USMLE ok?
At age 18 or first sexual activity whichever is earlier
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »