Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why so religious ? - duloxetine
Good to see so many 'infidels' like me!! My revolt is against religion, not against 'God'!! Man's search for God is eternal quest, be it at spiritual, mental, physical, metaphysical, philosophical or intellectual or even at scientific level! That search must not be tainted by ''fear of hell'' or ''reward in heavens'', these kind of silly notions really suck!! I am absolutely against the statement, ''If there is no God, we need to invent one''- that has created fanaticism, hatred, war and all sorts of evils!! If there is a God, we must search for it, not fight over it, and if there is no God, we can jolly well do without it!!!! Fukk religions!!
nice to meet you holycow.

Lets all hope that God be on our side if there is one out there.. u know what even if theres is one out there, he doesn't care.. he must be busy dealing with many other things.. rather than bothering about stupid little microscopic creatures that live in a speck thats lost somewhere in this masssive masssive ever expanding universe..
Dear holycow Smile
i really love u and i am not a gay!
ur points of view is gr8!
may i add one more? i wud say F*** match&residency too!! zat sux too and more beyond religoin or any other hell!
and yes....lets make belive that is one"GOD"up there who sees us and loves us to bless&deliver us out of this suxing situation!
Nice to meet you too, f_m_g! Regarding your post, well, yes and no! Becuase we tend to percieve the external world through our senses and analyze that gathered information with our mind! Our mind has it's limits, we know that! It is not always infallible!! So we can not really say if we are small or big; I really doubt if the idea of small or big can even exist in absolute terms!! I'll suggest all my fellow infidels to read Richard Dawkins, Stephen Hawkins, and of course Einstein's ''Ideas & opinions''!!! If you have time, match season sucks man!!!
John2007,
Thanks for your love , man! It is immensely comforting to know that you are not gay! I am not either!! Yes, residency match is a bigger sucker, indeed!! Take care
Dear Duloxetine,I like ur saying that doctors r the best minds .Yes, they r the cream of the society.All the best men use reason to judge things.Now,Plz tell how could a 1400 yrs old 'QURAN' book mention these things it its verses:

1) By the planets that recede,go straight or hide! (It is a reference regarding elliptical orbit in which the planets move.)
2)Read in the name of thy LORD who created man out of a leech like clot .(This is a reference regarding the earliest form in which human is in the womb).Read Keith L Moore's book on this issue.
3)He(God) created man out of a mingled sperm(This is a reference to the fact that a human is created from both ova and sperm which r mingled)
4)From a sperm drop did He(God) create him.That proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs.(This is a reference to the place where from testes descend)
5)Then will God give them new skins so that they(sinners) again feel the pain of hellfire.(This is a reference regarding the presence of receptors in the skin.After the skin is once burnt,new skins will be created because otherwise how can sinners feel the pain.)
6)Was there not a long period of time before man was not created,not even mentioned.(This ascertains the fact that man's creation is very recent as compared to other physical things and living beings.Science has proved it)
7)He has created the vast expanse of space.(A reference to the expanding universe).
8)A day unto Him(God) is a 50000 yrs of yur reckoning(This a reference towards the relativity of time.This shows even Time is not absolute)
9)All living beings He has created from water.(Is not this a fact?)

There r hundreds of other such references,but I cannot quote them all .As a reasonable and an Intelligent person how wud u feel about such a book?Wud u discard it or read it to unravel the truth?How cud a book which came into existance 1400 yrs ago contain these facts which none knew at that time?What about the person who claimed that he got that book from God?Was he a liar?No,he was not.How cud a liar say such things?He must have been a truthful man who brought this book to us.Wat do we say about scientists who make a discovery or an invention,then why shud a truthful man who brought this enlightening book to mankind not be respected.
Thanks and Good Luck!
realist123...
Don't think Quaran is the only book which says all of it.
There are many books , which says more than this, infact if you go through, you will get lost in the conflict of relegion.!!!!!!!!!!!!!
good luck
search "collective unconsciousness" - Carl Jung (psychiatrist & disciple of Freud) gave this concept. --- that our individual futures are guided by collective unconsciousness.
Ye,I agree there have been other heavenly ,God send books like Torah,Bible,Vedas,Upanishads,Zend Avesta,etc.These were all sent by God,but they have been altered by humans and so there r discrepencies in their current portions which r available.
I can quote hundreds of such statements from these books.Can u quote a single wrong statement from the Quran.
If u truthful, then produce facts.Merely saying will not work.I produced facts.
Good Luck!
WOW, i was asleep. and the discussion grew so much. fantastic. what a fantastic thread this has become. really glad to see all the brainstorming, and brainwashing !!! and glad to see there are far more rationalists in the forum who commented in this thread than i had thought. I guess we still have some hope left.

now back to business;

Read 'The god Delusion' by Richard Dawkins.
See the 'Zeitgeist' documentary, sb has already posted a portion of that movie in this thread.

Then be illuminated at how every religion stems from the same fundamentals of sun worship as the provider of life, how the koran and the bible and all the 'scientific' facts they claim were infact, copied ditto from the scientific manuscripts of many great greek philosophers and scientists, how the divide between religion started, and how it was only a means of conquest over other tribes by brainwashing our own tribe into killing and mutilating, how the story got bigger and bigger and how the religion finally usurped the whole essence of human life, leaving each of us as a mere puppet at the hands of pastors and mullahs.

That earth is round thing- that was proved even before Galileo by other Greek philosophers.
The rain cycle that koran claims to be its- we find that easily in many Greek manuscripts.
infact Greece was the seat of all the scientific knowledge and innovations of the ancient world. You would be amazed how much they knew. and koran, its merely 1400 yrs old.

The funny thing about scriptures is that you can interpret it in any way you like- things are so vaguely written that you can take any sentence out of context to justify anything you are trying to sell.

drkyhasan and others- i pity you for believing that human are 5 million yrs old, and coexisted with dinosaurs. I pity you for not seeing the genius of Darwin. There has been no skeleton discovery which is 4 million yrs old, so stop showing your own ignorance. and your logic makes me wonder how you passed your science lessons and get till here- You are saying. 'If we evolved from monkeys, then why aint our babies born as monkeys !'' LOL. You have never read and never understood the concept of evolution. your question 'Why are monkey still here ?' is so damn ignorant i wouldnt even waste my energy trying to answer that.

you can interpret scripture in any way- either for peace or for killing each other. That is the worst part of scriptures- that they are so ambiguous that they can be interpreted in anyway and can be used for anything. Even if this is true, even if God exists, why do we need to worship and hymn chants and prayers to appease him- isnt living a good life without harming others enough to please him. Why is the god so jealous of other gods, and why does he hate people of other faith and condemn them to hell, even though they mightnot have hurt a single soul in their life. Why do we need a scripture written for a desert tribe 2000 years ago as our moral compass? Eduation, science, good culture and social laws are far better moral compass, without any untoward 'side effects'. Religion is acceptable only as a way of life, only as a part of culture. It shouldnt be given a status more than that- it shouldnt be allowed to be our moral compass. We, human beings, have already proved we are far better than that. We dont need ancient moral compasses.

ANOTHER FOOD FOR THOUGHT for people with primitive logic

If we are so full of DNA, we would all dissolve in the acid. So much for the theory of evolution !
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »