Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am a chief resident reviewing applications - infarction
Some suggesstions for you guys for next year application process...(I have thrown the following applications in dumpster even which had high scores in 90's)

-Personal statements which did not have commitment to the specialty applied
-Personal statements which had just 5-6 lines in the end saying why you like this specialty!
-Multiple attempts specially in CS
-All Letters of recommendation from doctor of same ethnicity as the appicant...That creates a bias!!
-If you are applying to different specialty please don't act like a fool by not removing the name of other specialty in personal statement......Oh i am interested in IM but PS says surgery
-Use letters for the specialty you are applying...Dont use 4 psych letters for application in IM program!!!

Programs do read personal statements!!! Make it reallyGOOD!!!!
Hope these tips would help you guys

Rgards!

Hey thanks!! Didn't realise CRs would give us input on here! I've read lots about Do's and Dont's w.r.t interviews, any insight on your behalf??
wow!
so for those of us whose applications did trickle thru to some programs n we got ivs.....any suggestions for the interview?how not to get rejected after the interview?
THANX!!!!
Infarction,

You are an idiot whom has no knowldge of IVing.
1. You don't accept an LOR from asame ethincity. Therefore, you should not accept any AMG's LOR. This is racist and stupied. BTW, How do you know, people from same ethnicities.
People in a lot of countries in world have same last name.

2. Stupied PS. You are an idiot, if you are using PS to select people for IV. You judge a person abilities on 5 Paragraph.

3. LOR from other specilist. What a crazy and stupied comment. So what, if the person recieve a LOR from Psych and apply for IM. Is that make her and him not qualify.

Are you keeping the AMG on same level of standard.

It is time for you to grow up and come up with better evaluation method. You act like 18 years old Rookie whom up to now, never have an opportunity to IV anyone.
Talk to your PD and ask him/her, how you should evaluate an application. Or better, please go to Barnes and Noble, buy some books and read them.

I worked in another industry and IV people for living. I never heard or seen such idiotic comments from anyone.
unfortunately our fate hangs in the hands of such rude people.
@infarction

Thanks a lot for appraising us about the evaluation procedure...

I am an IMG. Kindly help me out of a concern. With the intention of making my application holistically colorful, I have sent four LORs, one each from IM, Community medicine, Neurology and Psych. Does it really weaken my aplications for IM and neurology. Of course, I have sent different PS for each speciality applied. My scores are in high nineties, with CS, all in Ist attempt.
Also, all my LOR writers are from my medical school.

Thanks
Eagerly waiting for a reply
Stupid street donkey you, how come you can be a chief resident?
come on men...he is just bull shitting.........they cant read 3000 ps....ok now call n ask abt ur application from his program from so called chief ...they even dont know where ur application is, among those 3000....all stories of ali baba...bull shit lair....i gave an iv 2 week back...they even look at my PS....10 people one day of iv ....they need to just get rid of us.....5 to 7 min iv by 2 pople n done....all smae old stupid q.....how can u judge a guy in 5 min.... he is abt PS.......
He is not Chief. He is a Chef on Hospital Cafeteria.

Or may be, he is a Chief on Indian Reservation.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »