Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should we tell the PD? - fsh
Hello forum,

Can some one suggest me what to tell the PD ,if they ask do u have any interviews anywhere else?So if i say NO interviews ,would they think that i am not a competitive student ,and if i say YES,i have interviews then would they think i have other options to consider?
WHICH is better?For now i dont have any other interview,but i am expecting one more where i did my observship.So what do u think i should say?

thank u in advance
Always he honest, there is no mistake if you are honest.
Say you have more interviews even if you don't otherwise u will look desperate and that is not attractive to AMERICAN BUSINESS and then say but their hospital is one of your top choices as you really heard good things about them and u also like the city as you have relatives there.
This way you sound like you came to the place after doing some sort of research about it..and u spent time and u mean it when u say that are the top choice!

DON'T BE HONEST ..U R SUPPOSE TO SELL YOURSELF..THIS IS BUSINESS
U SHOULD SOUND LIKE A GOOD DEAL THAT EVERY ONE WANTS TO TAKE
thank u usmleprisoner and perox123 for ur reply.

usmleprisoner,i think u are right,may be we will look desperate if i say i dont have any more interviews.

ANY MORE INPUTS APPRECIATED.THANK YOU.
please anymore inputs on this ?thank u...
I think one should be honest. If they like you, they ll take you in. Some may have more than one IVs but dont match too.
Anyway, I only have 1 IV with a FM program.
Completely agree with perox123 and lediae.
I agree with usmleprisoner, What is the sense of that question, why should a PD be interested in asking that. It is wrong to ask such question, so one can afford to be diplomatic about the answer and say nice thing about the program and city and also give an idea that he is a competitive candidate and has other IVs. People match with 1 IV but probability of matching with more than 1 IV is more.
Honesty is policy but not here.

I spoke to Conrad Fisher- Face to Face--belive me, i met him in NY residency orientation prgm. I shooted the same question to him directly,,his answer was
" No female would like to date a male who is not in demand"..things which are in demand, are the best thingss only,, period.

Go ahead and say, i do had few more ivs, but after comng here, i m very mch impressed byt hte program design and i got excellent reviews from the residents.. also as i like this place a lot due to my family and frnds nearby,, this progm is my first choice and given an opportunity i would like to be a resident at this prestigious progm

Does that clear doubt?
Best luck
Sorry for the late reply.Thank u guys.Thank u for all the replies.

and imagination my doubt is cleared.thank u
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »