Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muslim woman with Hijab,what to wear for Interview - momina
This is my first time for residency interview. I would appreciate your advice/ tips on what to wear on interview day including color of head scarf.

Want to look neat and professional while keeping the modesty of Hijab.

Thankyou
I would say wear a neutral color hijab....the one that goes with the color of ur suit (stay away from the flashy diamante studded ones please)
totally agree with hemoglobin.
Thanks hemoglobin and mysam. I will keep that in mind.

I am actually asking about the whole interview attire. Couldn't find a decent long skirt so i am planning to wear a pant with a long (almost knee length) matching coat. Does a black suit with off white strips look Ok with an off white shirt and Hijab?

If not please forward your suggestions

thanks again
Your outfit sounds great. I personally will be wearing pant suits with long jackets. Pin strips are good, too. Light blue, off white, gold, lavender blouses also look good with suits. When it comes to suits with long jackets I have noticed you can get them at Macy under the Tahari designer label best time to buy them is when they are on sale the price lowers to the $100-$150 range. Sad
Thanks Mysam for great tips.

I already have the above suit but would like to look at other options. I live in canada and there is no Macy's here. May be will look at similar stores by the designer label.
So now coming to the Hijab, which style is better and looks neat? the two piece or one piece that you wrap around? How about the size of heels for shoes?

I really appreciate your help.
2 piece hijab. I wore the under hijab cap and then layered 2 other caps to match colors with my shirt and my handbag Big Grin...It looks cool and professional. I did not feel out of place at any of my interviews...
personally i think you'd rather do away with this medieval piece of instrument for subjugating women. Seriously, I wouldnt be amazed if PD shrinks away from your hijab. Peace.
patelbrother, you are an idiot for that sort of comment. please learn to respect other's traditions even if you do not agree with it.

momina: i had seen past week, a couple of residency candidates with a plain black headscraf.. and they were wearing some light colored dress. All the best.
Thanks Shigella,

it is nice to know about layering different color caps. Never done that before. So what layering do you suggest for the above outfit ( Black suit with off white strips and an off white blouse)? And what do you do with the top part ? tuck in under blouse or leave it out?

My idea now is a black undercap with off white top. i am feeling may be with the striped suit it is too much.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »