Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr. Docespy or anyone Direction please? -
Help

I really need some direction. I have my exam in exactly two months. I have completed only 12% of Qbank. I have only 68%. This has only been from some path and pathophys. I am very stressed. I read FA took the kaplan course. But I am really stressed. I do not know if I am going to be ready. Please help me because it seems like the exam is going to really get me good.
docespy - docespy

I saw you're post earlier you're fine you should be helping other people who are weaker you're VERY STRONG keep on doing whatever it is that you're doing cause its working.
Help

Everyone says that you need to be getting in the 70's 80's to be have a good chance on the exam. My Qbank is based on doing and redoing questions.
docespy - docespy

take an aspirin and call back in the morning
FrancisG - jiggersg

Docespy and to everyone. Im new to this site and most of the members ask you for advice so I hope you dont mind if I ask you some questions. I am planning to take the USMLE Step 1 this year around Ocober. Am also goint to enroll in Kaplan where most persons who've taken the course say that studying their books as well s watching the video lectures is enough. Are there any other books that can help aside from the First Aid series. It's hard looking for these books where I live. Also what other books do I need to buy which will be most helpful as I am trying to maximize my resources and so as not to wast money. Thank you
docespy - docespy

thats enough you have everything you need to pass.
nishu - nononames1973

hi i am new to mle can you guide me?
sim

could u plz help me here....i am new to this site tho i have been reading all along abt everyones experiences and feedbacks. i do thank all for that. i am taking step 1 in abt 2 weeks. i have been doing kaplan Qbook and a printout of Qbank in a CD version. i dont know if that is enough or not. i have done FA and i have done all subject reviews from kaplan books. now its only Q that i am doing. is it good enough??? i dont know how to best utilize the last 2 weeks of my exam cuz i feel overwhelmed and very much stressed. plz help me!!!
docespy - docespy

Here it is first you have to study all your subjects the source doesn't really matter as long as you honestly study and don't just look at books for 8 hrs a day.Study actively like you did in medschool write list ,memorize and reproduce diagrams you know how to study or you wouldn't be eligible to sit for step 1.Then after you have studied practice questions in blocks of 50 read all your answers but dont redo the questions until you have exhausted that source so that you can figure out a cumulative percentage after that if you need to review what you already have studied and practice more questions when you are averaging 70% on your questions in at least 10 consecutive blocks of 50 thats when you're ready for the test.The sources I suggest are the following:
1) KAPLAN
2) "SIX WEEK SCHEDULE" residency.info
3) usmle.myplyspace.com which is nothing more than FIRST AID interactive
4) USMLEasy.com
Choose from these and you can't go wrong use FIRST AID as a guide and do exactly what it tells you to do.
There is no substitute for many countless hours of reading.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »