Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do you think M.P.H in private university will help - sy1973
HI ,
If somebody have any idea about master degree in public health in privat university, please share your information , I am old grad, low score, with no iv and I am looking to m.p.h to see if that will help me to get family medicine residency
any information will be appricated
Actually I have MPH degree, with scores of 78/step1, 84/step2 CS pass, each of them on first attempt. It didn't help me. Also, I'm 2004 graduate. I have no USCE. I gave up and came back to my country cause I was on student visa. I'm gonna do my residency here. I wish I could say better things, but everybody is anothercase. Since you don't have good scores, I think MPH might be little helpful to brighten your application up. Get some USCE and good letters. I couldn't, due to money and visa issues. I hope everything works out for you.

valium79,
please explain to me how you will do a residency in your home country after a gap of years in your home country as well. Will you have to take some entrance exam?
Valium 79
thank you very much for your information, i really appricate it . what university did you get your m.p.h from?
i am already done internal medicine residency in my home country, so i cannot go back and do it
I have seen people getting less interviews with mph
will help kill time
Yes I will take entrance exam. This is how we get into residency here, and according to your score, You get a spot 100%. I'm really happy, but also sad that I had wasted too much time in the U.S. I hope everybody gets lucky and find spots. This is just me and as I said, everybody is another story, not making generalizations.. GL
I got my MPH from Barry University, North Miami. I'm 2008 graduate. Our PD was such a great man, but he is not in the program anymore. Check it out. It was quite flexible program.!!!

what country did you graduate from?

I'm from Turkey. Our graduates don't go to U.S much, cause medicine in here is really good. I have my regrets, maybe I can try my chance for fellowship in the U.S. But what matters is, I'm darn happy to be back. I hope this curbs your curiosity vikasi. GL.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »