Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prematch offer at Interfaith: What to do now?? - drnishu
Guys,

Just yesterday I have been offered a Pre Match at Interfaith for IM. I did not read it early in the morning b'coz I was on a trip of 10 hours drive for my next IV.

I have JUST five IVs in total (very old graduate) including one from my favorite place (which is by the way in December).

I need visa and scores are in high 90s including step 3.

what do you suggest?? take it or leave it???
you are crazy if you don't take it...
thats a killer dilemma!

Interfaith is not the best place to do reisdency.. extremely minimal teaching, non-existent research, negligible fellowship prospects. so its ideal for people who wish to get into primary care & later work as internists or hospitalists.

also -- it depends on the other calls which you have. if you feel you have good chances in any other places, then you might want to take a gamble, especially with scores in high 90s.

Also, you can try emailing the other program where you interviewed. and honestly ask them if they can offer a position out of match... and if nobody wishes to do that, and if you're aiming for a nice & comfy life as a hospitalist, then go for it!

Congratulations. take it immediatly, people with 10 + IVs are not matching.
Congratulation!!

Its a hard decision given that you have iv from better place to attend.

You may try to reschedule the later iv if possible and try to get their feedback. Also contact the programs you already had ur iv as medic suggested.

When did you iv at Interfaith?

How much time do you have to decide?

GL.
the fact that you have triple high 90's score and only 5 IV's that tells me that you are STILL not a very strong candidate (because you are an old grad) plus the fact that you need visa. I think it would be very risky for you not to take the prematch. Unfortunately, despite of excellent scores, IMG's can't be too picky, we still have to beg even for the shittiest programs.
Hello drnishu,when was ur iv at interfaith
Nishu,
Plz read the entire post.
To begin with Interfaith sucks! Now, I can understand ur condition.I was in it last year & i had refused a prematch on J visa, coz i felt i had worked very hard for my step3 & that deserves an h1.
But as it turns out, I didnt get matched with 6 IM IVS & 1 prematch offer I refused.(shady NY program). I know it was stupid & I have regretted it, not openly though,but I always knew my good step3 score wd do me good this yr & the gamble has paid off.
I cant advise in favor ,but you shd consider a few things-

-yr graduation year (would u be crossing the 5 yr limit 4 nxt yr
-what kind of programs do you have in store(prematch or match)
-if match-would they want to rank you
-do you have a family or you are single(its difficult to stay with a fam. at Brooklyn)

If you have good scores, which Iam sure you have, you deserve better..Its up to you now.
thanks guys.

Yes I deserve something better. But the visa issue and year of grad are big negative points against me. Despite my excellent credentials I could fetch only 5 IVs!!!!!!!!!!!

This is really confusing me!!

Now guys tell me one thing: Can I tell other programs that I have got prematch offer from Interfaith and try to grab the opportunity, if they can offer me prematch as well. Or it will be the violation of NRMP or what ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!
drnishu, congrats on the prematch,,, my best advice for you is to take it while it's still available or you might regret for not making a right decision later,,,
would you pleaaaaaaaaz let us know when you had your interview at interfaith?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »