Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Done with step 2..my experience - drstrider
Hi guys
tough my exam was on last Tuesday didnt feel to write down the whole expereince but now m back after a break of almost 1 week. so here it goes

About the exam guys..Don't worry much they are asking with in the boundaries of usmle world & kaplan..didn't find any vague qs or out of uw qs..like those which people use to mention in the previous experiences and every time i use to come across such experience it only added to my scariness..so no need to panic Smile

about my exam..i have a mixed feeling with it..neither too good nor too bad..did many silly mistakes changed few correct ones to wrong one later on..so all in all m satisfied with the exam
wat eva the outcome m gonna accept it with a smile on my lipsSmile

Time management..most important aspect on the exam day..manage both the block time and break time smartly.varies with individual choose the best one which suits u.
I did 3 blocks at a stretch then took break did two more then again a break & completed the rest..guys i use to have around 8-9 minutes left out in almost 5 blocks in the rest it was on time.the thing which helped me to be in such a position was my uw revisions.if ur well versed with uw then be confident u wont be facing any problem with time management.

Length of the qs were similar to uw only few questions around 3 per block which very lengthy
tough many say that the question length is very long yeah it is but if ur familiar with the uw scenario it wont effect u much.

ecgs were pretty straightforward uw & kaplan covered them all

Nsts..similar to kaplan NSts

x rays..wont trouble u much if ur well wit uw

cts..uw again

NBMEs..do all the nbmes..they will help u alot in the real exam
i did all of them
nbme 1 at the end of first uw--didnt calculate my score as it was offline
nbme 2 10 days before the examt was around 670 tough i knew many qs before hand
nbme 3 a month b4 the exam it was 221(520)
nbme 4 5 days before the exam offline--got 150 correct some 1 on the forum said it comes around 95-96

UWSA..an eye opener for me got 530-223-92 4 days before exam..i was so scared cuz people were consistently agreeing on the fact that uwsa correlates to the real exam..i didn't had the option to cancel my date i was mentally prepared for the exam & went ahead wit the exam..but in the exam no where the qs were near to uwsa...i sincerely hope in my case uwsa wont correlates to my real exam score.Wink

one more thing guys have a good sleep before the exam ur brain,fingers,eyes & back need to be on work for continuous 8 tiring hours. at the end of the exam it will feel like heavenSmile

lastly i wud like to thank the active members on this forum including the scary experiences Smile

thank you guys..u people were of real help in times of nervousness & in terms of motivation

ALL THE BEST.
hi congraltion frist ,good luck great jop,i want to ask about uwsa is it online or what if can share it with i will be so thankful i want also to ask you if i should do frist nbme or uw frist ,thank you gain bcz i have just two months to go to exam
thanks for sharing ur experience. it was aliitle comforting to know that u didnt have much trouble with time management. that is my worst fear.though i m able to complete uw before time. but still Sad
my best wishes to u. wishing u a great score.
thank u so much ur word was very releiving to me im trying to take this exam for almost ayear but every time i read some one scary experience i panic and cancle my exam

im too afraid to take it i lost my confedient and courage by all these horrible word that every

body begin his talking e' but ur word is so very encouraging thank uuooooo sooooooooooooooooooooooo much
Hi Thans for ur experiene?Do u have nbme 3 and 4 with answers if u can pls email me if u do please will realli apprciate it radha_bhavsar
hey strider.......so bounced back with energy........

nice experience.......hope i had also posted like you by this time.....but you know????....i'm still facing probs with my scheduling.....

you will definitely score 99 ........
good luck.....
doctorrose...thanks doc..go for nbme and atleast one nbme as online
in the last 10 days go for uwsa..about uwsa..do it online no sharing..two months is a lotta of time plan accordingly u can do better in lot ways..all the best

pantheon...thanks..i too wish thats i get a good score..god willingly
in my journey too i had the word STILL but in the end i managed to erased it even u can doc just be confident & wile reading the question itself think wat wrong wit the case

tota..hey dont worry..u must be thorough wit all the concepts any scary experience shouldn't hinder ur progress or confidence level..i'm sure u will do good
all the best

drnita..thanks for the appreciation

goal10..hey even i thought that we both will be having the result on the same day..dont worry doc forget the bad experience its only a matter of time maintain the flow don't loosen ur preparation..a 99 is waiting for u ..so its gonna be next week.??stay in touch
you know the best thing is that it's over!..wish you 99
hello..

how r the questions ? is there many buzzords or r they tricky like uworld ..
thanks for sharing ur experience
GL
Smile)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »