Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pm@ St.vincent Charity Hospital,Cle-your take? - allgray
Hello people, need help deciding.

I ve been offered prematch at St.vincent charity hospital , Cleveland, Ohio in IM
They dint tell me how much time I have.

I have 9 calls in total, which includes 4 university calls.
I have jus taken 2 interviews so far
ooooh!in the sense that u have half the calls which are at unis but since overall number of interviews is not that many so its going to be close!
hmmm....well if u liked the program good enuff ,take it

generally ive heard that the time given is 2 weeks.
allgray please tell us your creds, country of grad, visa needed? that will get u more educated opinions. Also, where would you rank this program among all your interviews?

Time is really not a problem, you can informally call the PC and ask. Even if you need couple or more weeks, you can discuss with PD. They wont cancel the offer just because u negotiate for little time.

Thx guys.

Im an IMG with scores in high 90s in both steps/step3 pass. all exams in first attempt. grad 2008. 3 months of primary care obsie. Need Visa

I would rank this program as 6th on my ROL of 9 if I were to goto match.

@anotherguy

thanks yeah i would call them on monday to ask for more time cuz of thanksgiving holiday for a few days now
The good calls I have r - westchester valhalla, Winthrop univ, univ of missouri kansas city, and st. lukes roosevelt .
rosalind franklin is also a university , but i dont think its a very good program to sacrifice availability of h1 for.

So what do u guys recommend?
I think you have great creds, USCE and recent grad. This is a tough choice, I think it all depends on how good you do your interviews. Since u were offered a prematch, I am guessing you are ok with interviewing/communication-skills etc as well

Since u only had 2 interviews so far, I would suggest you try and request for couple of weeks of time for prematch consideration. I hope u can do few more interviews before that deadline. You have some really good university programs, you should think about after-the-residency opportunities too.

I think everything is going great for you. (creds, grad year etc). It all boils down to your confidence in your interview skills. Since you are only a 2008 grad, i would take little bit risk - think about the future after residency.
i think its nt that great a program....if i were u i wud interview in few more prog before i decided
When did you interview there? I interviewed on nov 20 but no response from them yet !!!
sign the prematch immediatly wthout any hesitation before they say it is filled, especially that they didnt gave you a time frame. the match this year is crazy and the outcomes are really unpredictable.
congratulations and goodluck
when did you interviewed?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »