Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Simple question from those who got PREMATCH !! - pirko
When does program offer prematch after interview?

1) on same day of interview
2) next day of interview
3) within one week
4) within one month

any input will be appreciated
All of the above!
I was offered a prematch two days after an interview
And another one three weeks after the IV
A friend last year was offered a prematch on the same day.
Another, all the way in February.
So, don´t lose hope if you don´t get it right away! Always keep in touch with PDs.
psychgua : thanks for the input! a q plz: i was advised not to contact the PD or PC or the program at all. coz we shudnt seem desperate. or they are too busy and dont want to be bothered.

A PD(and even the PC) didnt respond to my thank u letter!! so, wht shud i do?

another one thanked immediately and asked to ranked them high(they dont give prematch)....i may be able to contact this one....but i am afraid!
wht do u advise plz?

thank u nd congrat on ur prematch!
Programs where im interviewing at , most take around 10-14 days atleast to offer PM..

though its possible even after a month..
ultradocmansu : is it good to call them or email them?
Don´t bug them with small stuff, and OF COURSE do not ask for a prematch! However, do send short email wishing a Merry Christmas, always send thank you emails, regardless of wether or not you get an answer.... don´t always believe the "I will rank you high" BS, they all say that. Also, if you get a prematch offer but you like other programs better, tell them:
Dear PD, I hope you are well. I have been offered a prematch at another program, but I am truly interested in your program, and would like to know...
You get the point. Who knows, you just might get a better offer! Do this immediately, since most offers have a short decision timespan (2 weeks, but some may ask you to make a decision right away - do not trust a pushy PD!)
psychgua : thanks a lot! i think to wait or to send a short note and wait!

u r trully rite! we shudnt always trust those"highly rank!!" i have heard that they may say it to everyone!
Thanks again and all the best.
See if the program said they do offer prematches , And u r interested in their prematch.
There is no harm in decently asking for a prematch in the 'thank you email' itself. U jus need to add an additional line in the end.

Or ask the PC after the interview day that when will it be a good day to call u to know about my status further now that im done with my interview(she/he might ask u here itself 'oh for a prematch?' say yes i ll be very much interested). Then call them on the date told and let them know u r interested in a prematch , so they should let u know if they consider u for that possibility
Ah, yes, that´s a definite possibility. Now that I think of it, two of my interviewers at two different programs asked my what my position was about prematching - never the PD, though. However, neither of these programs has made an offer as of yet! Despite my VERY CLEAR ENTHUSIASM about prematching, jajajaja!
another q plz :
how shud we stay calm and gentle during iv and when it gets tough and nasty??? my frnd had iv with a nasty tough one....i cant imagine to stay calm and positve! i too had iv with a nasty one.....i got so upset and kept quiet! i just wanted to get rid of him! now i feel that i shud have done much better...but i lost my heart and felt so depressed and downSad......now i am not sure how to stay gentle if God forbid i face another tough guy/gal!!? and how to handle tough ivs?? and to keep a good attitude all the way to the end?

my frnd said no matter wht, the iv-er was turning it around to shut him up!!
will u plz advise if u get time? thank u.

pirko: sorry to use ur post.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »