Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to get over 90 centile - himalgr
Dear USMliites,

For all USMLE Students, I'm starting a STEP 2 CK live classes held online in Skype or Phone call “and it™ll be done on the basis of the book œI-MED for internal medicine that I™ve written, edited and published.

The sessions will begin soon, and a FREE - TEST FOR REVIEW CLASS will be held prior to that, and it's your own will and willingness to proceed further with my courses

For more information

E-mail “usmlefor99,

A chapter of the book will be forwarded in your e-mail with more information on how the classes will be conducted.

For more information, you can also read the following posting-

On the request and support of most of my students I'm hereby starting a quick review course In STEP 2, encompassing various strategies to deal specifically with questions in USMLE format!!!!!!!
Ever wondered that "I'm pretty good at theories but still getting bad results when going through the USMLE WORLD, KAPLAN Q bank preview lessons.

You know why they won't matter to you a lot, because only the students that have been through this painstaking effort know the real jiist and core of what it feels like to prepare for this exam - all those long stressful days ,all those hassling about a single piece of information , all those minute-by-minute wait of the countdown and most of all, the real problem faced by the student, not about the CONTENT of the question but about the FORM or STYLE of the question - confused right answers as well as confident about the wrong answers -
It doesn't have to be that way, because we can find serenity in chaos i.e. what information really matters in a question is usually camouflaged by all the unnecessary details- the Chaos part, but the serenity part has to be learnt.

Not only that I can break it down easily, but also that I can easily explain, communicate and teach effectively to my students. If you try you lose nothing ,but if you don't try sometimes you may miss the point of ""missing nothing-that's-good-and-effective in life

well right now I'm creating a REVIEW class in NEW YORK AREA and the sessions will begin soon, and a FREE - TEST FOR REVIEW CLASS will be held prior to that, and it's your own will and willingness to proceed further with my courses

Remember that every individual is a unique individual with different USMLE goals and with diff motivation and varying intelligence and different pros and diff cons

Question -Why me ?

Well I™ve given my USMLE step 1 and USMLE step 2 examinations and in USMLE step 1 I got 99 percentile, 3 digit score would be 262 and a star performance in every subject ranging from Behavioral sciences to pathology and in USMLE step 2 examination -99 percentile with 3 digit score 260
Experience in teaching “ I personally conducted various forms of classes in all the pertinent USMLE subjects “one on one to one to 35 student per teacher ratio in my home-country. And also have a varying degree of experiences in USA too with many different students

Question-Why not others???

Well then anybody who has gone to the Kaplan centre would know well that it™s too expensive (little bang for quite hefty bucks) but I™ll personally guarantee you with pre-session classes or free practice session for an hour that mine is big bang for little bucks and extra study materials will be provided that you may not have, I guarantee that for sure.
Well in writing so I might have sounded a little too over the edge but ,let me assure you ,totally and truthfully, I™m not being egodystonic here but just am giving the statement on the basis of right insight and judgment .

Question “ if yes then how much will it cost?

Well it depends, a price of an hour™s class will be determined at any given time on the confluence of the demand and the supply factors, sorry just kidding.

œON THE LONG RUN IT IS ONLY TO THE MAN OF MORALITY THAT KNOWLEDGE AND WEALTH COMES

COPYRIGHTS @ 2009 TUITION CLASSES

well to clearly objectify it and be concrete and not abstract on how to study
here's the basic identity equation of productivity

QUALITY * QUANTITY = PRODUCTIVITY DIRECTLY CORRELATING WITH USMLE SCORES

well 1st of all let's talk about quantity, people have told me that, yeah it's just easy, for that just to increase the quantity you have to read a lot , be in front of the books but you know what happens most of the time FOR e.g. some students tell me that they've read for 8 hours since 1 month and when I further magnify into the time frame ,their attention span was so low that 1/4 of the time they were thinking about other things ,taking breaks, a lot ,physical or cognitive wise straying away from the real USMLE issues and thinking about trivial things like ˜what color is Barack Obama ?™ I know some people can™t help it and their attention span is low ,it™s in their nature , but tell you something empirically , based on statistical evidence , nurture can easily win over nature , and thus everybody who™s anybody can increase their attention span just by repetition , motivation and goal orientation ,
REMEMBER “ it isn™t how much time do you sit in front of the book but it™s how much time do you give your UNDIVIDED attention to the book , don™t waste any second and better pluck every second of your study time ,every second the clock is ticking towards your judgment day , the EXAM DAY

QUALITY “ to increase our quality of study time there™re few things that you can do like

1. Diet “

studies have proven that have that having antioxidants in your diet like contained in blueberries or cranberries can bolster our memory and form new brain cells and synapses and prevents the degradation of nerve cells and synapses that are newly formed memories so I cannot stress more than this that you should have antioxidants in your diet ,remember the w-3 F-Acids that are supposed to prevent blood vessel damage and replace the pro-inflammatory w-6 FA ,what it also does is it increases our Nerve membrane fluidity and hence increase our memory ,as any of you who™re seriously interested in how memory forms might know that for LTM to occur there is a change in the shape of postsynaptic membrane, hence w-3 FA increase our memory retaining capacity ,practically you can buy those fish oil capsules that are found in any drugstore but remember not to buy the organ based oil like cod liver oil because some fish concentrate heavy metals in their organs but to buy the fish body oil and Walnuts are also an excellent source that are found in any supermarket all without the fussiness of having to break it up through the shells

2. EXERCISE “

every and anybody knows that short- stresses like exercise increases nerve cell production in the hippocampus and hence forms new memory cells , and also to be given the fact that muscles secrete neurotrophins and nerve growth factor after a brief period of AEROBIC hurt pumping exercises, not the anaerobic muscle building exercises , so what I would recommend is that do at least 30 mins of exercise at least 3 times per week but remember the 1st timers have to take it slowly and gradually increasing your level of exercise and not to get so much into exercise that you don™t have much energy left to STUDY

œREST BE ASSURED THAT THIS IS NOT STH BASED ARBITRARILY OR A PRIORI AND EVERYTHING THAT HAS SUGGESTED IS ON THE BASIS OF CLEAR SCIENTIFIC FACTS AND EMPIRICAL RCT EVIDENCE , IF AND IF YOU DOUBT IT ,SOLELY FALLS UPON YOU TO CLARIFY THESE FACT S BY LOOKING FOR THE AVAILABLE EVIDENCE AND PAPERS AND JOURNALS

3. ACTIVE LEARNING VS PASSIVE LEARNING “

Remember that some students of mine just keep on reading books and books and they do that so mechanistically, I™m not saying that you shouldn™t read books but what I™m just trying after each chapter of reading , close the book and try to recapitulate what you™ve just read and try to think what questions are they likely to give from this chapter , this one is very imp rather than just passively reading try to get it on get in the mood and formulate questions, formulate ideas, capture the big picture 1st and then only proceed onto details and do a free association thinking like what you™ve read today ,act ,move make pictures , talk to yourself, talk to others about what you™ve just read, do these things and I™ll guarantee you that things are more easily remembered

I don™t believe in intelligence and IQ testing but I rather believe in something else the way of memorizing ,the way to become intelligent
times have change and so do we have to change in all aspects of life and so my dear readers I propose you this that by the time you finish reading I™ll guarantee you this even though you will not be perfect in medicine or in other aspects but I guarantee you this that you'll be a lot wiser than before .
well 1st of all medicine as we all MBBS students know is pretty tough and we have to extend our full memory to the limit of inextensibility and funniest of all things is that we have never classes in any of the medical colleges on how to increase our memory or even more on how to increase our capacity or way of memorizing things
as we all know it we have a near to perfect photographic memory and why is that.....in the process of human evolution it became very much necessary to have a photographic memory why ? just because we had to remember people's faces and landscapes and learn how a tiger or snakes look like to survive in this ecosystem and it took years and years of perfect evolution to make it just that a near to perfect photographic memory and I™ll tell that we've the worst numerical memory cause we had not encounter them in the early years of evolution and just these last centuries that we've become accustomed to numbers and numerical memory is in a cradle stage of evolution and so hence I don't have to emphasize that the best memory is a photographic memory ...I™ll tell you this though I can remember my last girlfriends face very well her natural curves and her i20 figure but as much as I try to remember her telephone no I simply can't even though I had dialed up her number 100000000000 times without the use of phone book and those times I could tell her number like a mechanical robot , you may remember many such kind of instances too
So in a jiist my fellow USMLiites what I™m simply trying to say that don't try to remember numbers like the length of the spinal cord or the magical dosages of drugs in a simple memorizing way like repeating " length of spinal cord 45 cm" for 100000 times in a instance before an exam I'll bet you'll forget them in 10 days ... what I'm not trying to say it is impossible to remember numbers but it's definitely harder and require much more energy and your precious time
but we can do one thing though correlation, correlation ,correlation and correlation
for e.g. what is the dosage of sodium thio- pentone a ultra short acting Barbituarate used in induction anesthesia
well there are two ways of remembering this fact one way is the before exam way repetition 1000 times and the other way is wonderful correlation .....Well the ans was 4-7 mg/kg but how could I correlate it??????then I saw something well for the fact thio has 4 words and pentone has got seven words so voila in my whole life I could never forget the fact that this is it and to make it more useful I would always say Thio-pentone only,, never use sodium Thio-pentone as it could potentially could confuse me later on
well for another instance take for the fact that on what no. Chromosome does the gene for neurofibromatosis reside in? Well the ans was NO 17 Chromosome now how could I possible play with this number..... then voila I hope you got my point ova™s and prostates the no of letter guys and then sadly I found out that I found out that there two types of neurofibromatosis ,type 1 and type 2 well then type one was on no 17 chromosome and type 2 was on no 22 chromosome and then I got it voila can you see the correlation over here guys and gals see
Burkitt lymphoma “ how to remember the translocation number ,be creative and innovative and I got the idea B there™s 8 then at œit œ I see 14 , so 8-14 just like that and Mantle zone lymphoma and Wilm™s tumor and EWING™S tumor ,M or W , I can see 11 in all of them and magically they are related to 11 no. chromosome
just like this Wilson disease is on no 13 chromosome and all that last example cri-du-chat syndrome what no chromosome the ans is chromosome no.5 now pause for a few secs and do a brain aerobics and correlate for yourself and not for me
well this is how I correlated -du 2 words-cri3 words-chat4 words and 234 then comes 5
well you might ask why go through all this trouble to remember but remind you,, like this you will never forget these numbers and even more numbers are hard to keep memories but like this you can keep it forever
and well theoretically we can correlate things with anything and individual polymorphisms are definitely there about how we correlate but still results are always the same viz a viz immortalization of mortal memory
Our human memory and mind is shaped is such a way that we tend and so can easily remember things that are usually extreme in all aspects we tend to remember what's very obnoxious or very disgusting or very frightening or very sexy and inappropriate so how can we use this in our advantage.... we can correlate this with anything that's boring and very hard to remember like say a medical fact like iron is absorbed in duodenum folic acid in jejunum and B12 and Bile salts in ileum now to comes a time to use my childhood crush of whom I can never forget her name sweet sexy BRITNEY
"I" "F"****** "B"ritney
just like that Oh Oh Oh Try Touch And Feel Virgin Girls Vagina Ah Heaven the 11 cranial nerves (note this mnemonic can be only useful for the XY )
Note this my friend the most wonderful discovery for us medical students was the Mnemonics and I hope you're very much familiar with note the best mnemonics are not mine or not in the book of mnemonics not on the annual journal of mnemonics But only your OWN it's how you correlate with yourself
but on some instances some very bright young guys do make some wonderful ones like take this for instant and you shouldn't at times to hesitate using those
LIKE FOR INSTANCE take this exam question "Write short note on Marfan syndrome" at my juvenile times I could have panicked seeing this question but right now I™m equipped with something that makes me a dare devil ,...................
MMM mitral valve prolapse cause of sudden death in these patient
AAA aortic dissection most common cause of death
RRR regurgitation of aortic valve
FFF FibrilliN defect on FifteeN no chromosome (see the no. correlation here I will never forget this)
AAA arachnodactyly
NNN nuchoid proportions
SSS subluxation of lens
spontaneous pneumothorax

another possible exam question is this one well--- tell me how you will manage a patient who comes to your clinic with a acute pulmonary edema ?hehehahhah you douchebag viva taker I™ll get you now

LLLL lasix stat
MMM morphine stat
NNN nitrate sublingual tab stat
OOO oxygen 100 % stat
PPP patient upright

COPYRIGHTS @ 2009 TUITION CLASSES ( this is a personally written paper based solely to help Students in any field)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »