Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psychiatry residency - hamza
Hi, I am 2004 graduate and virtually this year match was over for me even before it started. I failed my step 3 at the end of August. Anyhow with all the broken heart and what ever energy I had I took step 3 and just passed it with the score of 88. Here is how my scores stand of now;

step 1- 93
step 2- 79 (second attempt)
CS- pass
Step 3- 88 (second attempt)

I am to some extent interested in Psychiatry and have done almost 2 years of clinical work in Canada and have 4 LORS from Psychiatrists. I have one research submitted to a Canadian Journal which is going through peer review. Other than that I am a Canadian citizen and have done MCCEE and MCCQE 1 (Board exams for Canada)

I am kind of so low and lost and I donno what to do. If I pursue further for Psychiatry, given my scores, do I have an realistic chance for the specialty next year. Please please take some time to guide me.

Thank you.
good luck
good luck
What is the usual score requirement of Psych programs? With my scores would it be reasonable to apply for the specialty with any realistic scope ?

How could I make my application better with those poor scores for Psychiatry.
Please help
For psychiatry your scores and everything is pretty okay.they r pretty lenient in terms ok score and attempts provided you have good exp in the field, lora and publication. Grad cut off would be more than 5 for next yr but still u will find more than 100 profs within this cut off
Good Luck....
Keep trying....
Thats all we can do, rest leave it to god !!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »