Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
calculating offline nbme - sundin
hey guys i got 160 out of 200 on the 3rd nbme
im not sure how to calculate the actual score
is each question weighed differently?
please someone tell me
Hey thats a excelent score 233/98. If you want to know how calculate it send me a mail inayubrin
Good luck
Nacho,

you may tell us all how to calculate the score.......

Thx
multiply number of correct answers by 1,45
160 x 1,45 = 232
Thx!!!!!!!!!
I have been concentrating doing the whole USMLE stuff that I did not had time to understand the basics such AS what is the passing score (2 digits, 3 digits)......

I can give you almost a correct answer to a lot of the Q but I would not be able ever understand this scoring concept........What a shame?
Can you tell us please more about passing score etc.......

I like to score let say 85 so what will be my 3 digits score USMLE and what would be an equivalent score in NBME????????????

Thanx a LOT
you can compare your NBME score here:
http://www.clinicalreview.com/welcome/me...lator.html
hello.. All important material..for free just join the community
i believ its 1.45..........?????
hi sundin can u please send me offline nbme at coolbrz15, please i really need it thanks in advance
hi sundin

In case of NBME 3 ... i had 168 questions rite... and I think the answer key Which I got online is pretty reliable... with say +- 4 variability..... The Online score was 540/231/95..... Now in the same case.... NBME -7 i got 165 questions rite.... got 540/231/95 again...... but with NBME -4... it was 520/221... with 168 questions write.... so even with more questions the score shown has certain variability... So whats the moral.... NBME above 600 consistently in 2 or more NBME is very predictive of 99 in the final .. that also in the last 1 month..... below that value... I have come to this conclusion as i did very serious search across forums..previous test takers and many many seniors.... whose NBMEs corelated with scores pretty decently.. BUT the risk of failing Or low score exists at scores below 550.... so practically speaking

1. take an Online NBME.. or couple of them after a very complete review of material and when u feel very prepared .. preferably it shud be 14-30 days before the exam... If the scores are above 600 in Both NBMEs ... predictability of that score is very very very high for the final exam 99.

2. The scores of NBME depend on difficulty levels of each question.... so If u got easier questions wrong... Then it is gonna skew to lesser scores in actual... but with some hard questions u cud have equalled it.. so total number of correct answers has greater error rates while predicting the results of the main, thus deteriorrating the accuracy and reliability... again online scores mention areas of weaknesses which will help u to build ur deficiency subjects.

So if u want to be sure.. take multiple NBMEs towards the end of ur prep.. Good Luck

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »