Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NRMP ranking - digidr
somebody can help me with the ranking. I appreciate your time.

1. Univ of Louisvile
2. UMKC
3.UAMS
4.Crighton
5.Suny Downstate NY
6.Bay State MA
7. western penn pa
8. UB buffalo
9. Suny Upstate Syracuse
10. Seton Hall NJ
11. Univ of Lasvegas
12. Kalamazoo
13. Abington
14. Howard
15. st marys waterbury
16. western reserve care youngstown
17. Croger Chester
18. good Sam
19. GBMC
20. St lukes St luios
21. St Marys St louis
22. sisters of charity ny
23. sound shore ny
24. lincoln ny
25. texas tech odessa
26. basset ny
27. rosalind franqlin chicago
28. Huron
29. prince george
30. Bronx Lebonon
Maybe other would disagree, but my top 4 would be

1. Lincoln NY
2. WRCare, Youngstown
3. Bronx Lebanon
4. Rosalind Franklin Chicago

Cheers!!!
HI Imgspouse
thanks for your input. But why did u think so.
hey digidr
first, congrats on securing some pretty good ivs.

next, I was kidding, if it was not apparent.

Point is that you should be able to make a good judgment about it yourself, and ideally do it without inputs from other bcoz you alone will know how you *felt* about a particular program. You alone can know *how* receptive the faculty in the program were to you and how comfortable you were interacting with them. *you* alone will know the body language that was spoken to you.... and you alone know how the residents were to you - cold, detached, warm, talkative / funny. typically, among the 1000s of applications that programs receive, when they select you for the inteview, then you are automatically in the top 10% of their desired applicants.... which is why, when some candidate cancels an interview, they call another (not because they were doing something like routine). When they call you, they are giving you a serious consideration to be their resident. so there onwards, its how your interview and personality came off on that day and how the interaction went that counts. All other factors - though ofcourse considered at the end of the day - are extremely trivial compared to the interview day itself. And you alone know how it went.

And so to prepare your LOR, you should introspect and see where you think you will fit well... which means where you want to go, and where there are high probability that they will really want you... and then using the formula of least common denominator, start ranking you programs.

You will rank, and in a good place for sure. Follow your own heart and mind (and in that order). Best wishes.
Dear IMG Spouse
Thank you so much for your input. I do really appreciate your time and patience. I know this is a hard time for every applicant but I wish everybody in this forum good luck and especially to you dr img spouse
digidr

congrats on securing a flood of IVs. r u done with step 3?
i IVed at few places u have...
Drmyocyte
Ya done with step 3. Which places did u interview by the way. Did anybody offered prematch for you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »