Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prematch offer and confused!! - marry25
I had an interview today and was offered a prematch but I don't really like the program. I interviewed to another program that I like but didn't get any offer from them but the Assistant PD said that I will be on the list. I have another interview next week and don't know what to do.I have 3 interviews: done 2 and I still have one.
What do you think? what would you do in this situation?
PS the program that gave me the prematch doesn't give any hopes for fellowship which I want to do
A Bird in hand is better than two in the bush.
ghajini, well said.
I would call up the first program which you liked and let them know you have a prematch offer form elsewhere,but you really liked them etc so what would their stand be...
if they donot offer you a prematch...then i would go with the prematch which has been offered by the 2nd program...as with just 3 ivs in total,the match would be risky.
But its your call. All the best.
marypoppins that's brilliant. That's exactly what u do marry25. But u have to tell the program u like that the other program wants an answer now, so u want the program u like to decide right now. If nothing happens then accept prematch from program u don't like. Match is hard these days, I don't think u want to experience scramble after match.
What program is that? IM,FM,PSYCH?.Let me know I'll give you a good tip.
Thank you so much for your advice. I was thinking to do that but I was worried that it wouldn't be appropriate. Who sould I talk to? I just have the phone number from the PC.
It is IM
I also got a prematch offer but i told the PD that I will be going to the match because it was a program that I didn't like at all and I'm confident that I will match to a better program because I got invited for 4 second looks already and I don't need visa (got 12 total IV's by the way). In your case, if I was in your situation, I would take the prematch offer because you only got 3 IV's. Trust me, if you think it's hard this year, it will get even harder in next year's match. Do you need visa?
No I don't need any visa.I know it's different when you have 12 iv's.I have 2 weeks to decide.
I will contact the first program and see how it goes.Thanks for the advice.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »