Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
breach of security email from ERAS????? - maddoc14
did anyone else get it? is it a hoax?
yeah,, i got the same email..
its looks real.. called ERAS they told me its true..
forwarded my call to the director, who emailed us.
left a msg, will call me back..
I guess, wont affect the application and match, but may affect the credit card info.
yeah,, i got the same email..
its looks real.. called ERAS they told me its true..
forwarded my call to the director, who emailed us.
left a msg, will call me back..
I guess, wont affect the application and match, but may affect the credit card info.
what credit card info? the credit card we use to apply for exams? they still have that information on their records? is that even legal?
yeah I got the same mail..
I wonder if it means we have to use a new MSPE, transcript if we apply next year again to match.
its sounds scary if its more than that ..
Wats this email ??? i havent recieved it yet
What email you talking about ?? I did not get any email from ERAS.. What kind of security breach is it>> what is the exact msg ?
yeah, its legal.. they store the credit card info.. everyone does... even when u order food or but something online they can store that info ! only they cant charge u anything withour ur permission..

yup, if the data is lost, it can be mess for candidates applyin next year. as the data for MSPEs, transcripts cannot be found.

lets hope, AAMC and ERAS cracks this and retrives that lost hard drive or wat ever it is.
same hre!!
OMG!!! how much shud we suffer!
i am gonna to call me credit card + bank!
hwo about all the crap info!!!
wht a pain!

is that credit monitoring free for us???i have got a code??i dont want to pay for the damn thing!! they shud pay...is it free? it says it is free?? lest at least use it?
Hey ppl !
I talked the director on the phone, this what he told me:

"there is a usb drive which has application info stored was LOST, not stolen. only info in it was the info in our applications. like, date of birth, phone num, prog applied. NO CREDIT CARD INFO.

1. It wont affect ERAS and NRMP applications.
2. It wont affect MSPE and transcripts, cos it was just the copy not the real thing.
3. only risk is, if someone finds it and uses the personal data with malicious intent.

He told me that regarding residency application and potential credit card fraud consider this never happened. they tryin to locate this drive but chances to find is low ! but there is nothing much to worry.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »